WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Chrisfoo's music / The Caspian Sea Monster

The Caspian Sea Monster

By Chrisfoo on November 8, 2020 11:50 pm

I thought this one would come out a bit cooler than it did, but oh well.  Traded in some old gear this week and picked up a Dreadbox Typhon (analogue synth module).  This thing is an absolute monster and I love it.  Its every synth sound on this track except for the pads and arp after the drums come in.  Probably could have done a better job showcasing just how intense it is, but I'm sure it will make an appearance in every track I upload for the rest of the year anyways.  Sorry about the sloppy guitar at the end, didnt have time to keep recording till I got a clean take so I just decided to layer two of the sloppy takes over each other in an attempt to distract.

November 9, 2020 2:01 am

Nice.  Sounds like that is indeed a cool synth ad I look forward to hearing some more of it.

November 9, 2020 5:21 am

Cool build up, and love the main riff. I'm kind of a fan of the sloppy take; I like the rawness of them, even though I hate them when I'm the one playing them haha

November 9, 2020 1:18 pm

The snare beat is really cool for the buildup of the track, I'll steal that technique! I like the melodies you bring and the variety of sounds you are getting from that gear. The arp from 2:08 is cool, I like its clean sound and nice arp-ic melody.
And the guitar! Sloppy is good, this bring good dirty organic sound into an electronic piece, it smells, sweats, this is good. And really not as sloppy as it gets. You can do sloppier! Stop warming up! Detune your strings! Play with gloves on!

November 9, 2020 1:21 pm

The build up opened the frequency range of instruments enough to create tension before dropping. I like it.

November 9, 2020 9:20 pm

the buildup was fuckin sweet, didnt know what was next to come at all.  love the timing with the bass hits, and the arps into guitar licks is killer

November 10, 2020 4:45 pm

It's pretty cool still.

November 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Those guitar riffs bruh. If thats considered sloppy, then my guitar playing is shit-stains after taco tuesday at Rancho Viejo sloppy.

November 15, 2020 12:52 pm

yeahhh dude, definitely lots of cool there. Nothing like new gear to get you trying new things. Keen for more of the Typhoon!

November 15, 2020 7:44 pm

Dude you're living in the year 5020.

November 16, 2020 9:58 pm

This one's great, well laid out and produced. Totally dig this odyssey!

November 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Really cool drum buildup to get the bassline and progression going.  Sorry I was just distracted by your excellent shredding of guitars!  Yais!