WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Chrisfoo's music / Jurassic Park but with Robots

Jurassic Park but with Robots

By Chrisfoo on May 17, 2020 10:20 pm

Alright, this strays a tid bit away from what I normally do now a days so dont be surprised.  My buddy Matt and I had talked about working on a little synth tune together, so he sent me a track yesterday with a sweet drum/bass part, arp, bells, congos, and some mangled vocal samples.  He's got an unreal modular set up, so all the sounds were super unique, yet still musical.

I basically opened the project and went to town on it with glitchy editing, over the top effects and adding a bunch of super mangled/digitized sounds that I've been accumulating over the years. This is like the most fun I've had working on a track in awhile so I hope he doesnt think I went overboard and ruined it.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

May 18, 2020 12:15 am

yesss great stuff. So many unique sounds that feel like they're crafted for just a specific moment, not to be repeated. Love that kind of attention to detail. Definitely something different!

May 18, 2020 5:05 am

wow, i really enjoyed the hell out of that...a great listening experience.  i'd like to hear some more of what Matt makes, and im curious what it sounded like before you got your paws on it.  I've rewound to  0:56 to hear the stutter into the bassline about ten times so far...super fuckin awesome part.  all the glitches and stutters sound great...love love love this

May 18, 2020 7:29 am

So cool glitching and interesting sounds! The title did make it even better to imagine that as you listen.

May 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Cool as hell. I'd like to hear more of this style from you.

May 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Oh man that's a groovy slow burn. Love the complexity of these textures. Very unique. S O U N D S C A P E

May 18, 2020 6:48 pm

supermegaexcellent. my favorite Nr.1 this week.

May 18, 2020 8:12 pm

This rips! Totally different sound.  The modulars definitely add a unique flavor to the blend.  It is just as the the title describes. Can I get a ticket?! Really cool final quarter where it drops down to pure glitchy goodness.  That may be my favorite part. Well done!

May 19, 2020 6:26 pm

May 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Dude awesome. Very different from your norm but thats what its all about. Love the glitch feel of when a track is on beat, but it doesnt feel like it is either... Keep it up.

May 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Love the title, but all the crazy sounds and the overall feel of the song are even better.  I think having that feeling of fun making a track is a good sign you're heading in the right direction.  Might be worth exploring this avenue a little more, especially if it inspires you.

May 19, 2020 8:53 pm

Sick! I was really surprised to see this was you! The glitch elements work really well, they sound very authentic. I agree, trying completely new things is unbelievably fun to do.

May 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Yeah definitely surprised to see this type of track from you but not disappointed at all!  I agree with everyone here this was a wild ride.  and yes, S O U N D S C A P E

May 20, 2020 12:38 am

May 20, 2020 3:19 pm

there's so much going on in here, had to listen twice in a row! very creative and unique. I could listen to stuff like this all day while working, you guys should put out an album.

May 22, 2020 1:01 pm

Hey having fun is what it's all about!  Otherwise this WB thang gets tedious and boring! smile  (why am i shouting?)  That bassline is super chill and catchy and really keeps the track moving thru all those cool glitches.  The arps in the background really add a nice ambience to everything too.  The solo glitch fadeout was a cool way to end it.  Keep it up!

May 25, 2020 5:43 am
Simon Koehn wrote:

demonzor wrote:

Alette wrote:

Jokinen wrote:

Cool as hell. I'd like to hear more of this style from you.

ngineer wrote:

Jokinen wrote:

Cool as hell. I'd like to hear more of this style from you.

Q-Rosh wrote:

supermegaexcellent. my favorite Nr.1 this week.

NWSPR wrote:

Ipaghost wrote:

Saucey-dough wrote:

CosmicCairns wrote:

hieme wrote:

coreytrev0r wrote:

kaedo sevaada wrote:

mikememo wrote:

Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks guys!  I'm really happy to see that this was received this well.  I used to mess around with the super glitchy shit when I was in college and had a blast re-hatching it.  May need to bust it out more often.