Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Calavera's music / Welcome Home, Old Friend

Welcome Home, Old Friend

By Calavera on March 1, 2020 11:36 am

Strangely enough, I wrote the chorus to this song in a dream a couple of weeks ago. When I woke, I frantically jotted it down, afraid it would disappear like most things you remember from dreams, but it didn't. It hung around all morning, as the melody and progression refused to let me do anything else but write, interrupting my usual rituals with new parts. It was great. Haven't felt that inspired for years.

I guess WeeklyBeats is working, hey.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

March 2, 2020 10:45 pm

oh i love it when i have dreams and get inspiration for music. it is usually always the most expressive. you can tell, good one. nice rhythm and lead variations.

March 3, 2020 4:22 am
gesceap wrote:

Thanks a bunch! It's crazy what comes out of your subconscious!

March 4, 2020 6:48 pm

March 4, 2020 11:49 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

Hahaha

March 5, 2020 7:02 am

Sounds somehow familiar. Real nice song though.

March 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Wow, this is beautiful! Well done!

March 11, 2020 7:32 pm

I saw your post on Twitter and had to come and listen to the full thing.  Nice job on the visualization you posted.
And great track!  I love it.  Perfect song to kinda space out but still vibe to.

March 11, 2020 7:32 pm

Oh and absolutely beautiful melodies too.

March 15, 2020 10:21 am
coreytrev0r wrote:

coreytrev0r wrote:

Oh and absolutely beautiful melodies too.

Cheers! Thanks for making the journey over here! I'm sure this one will find its way to an album eventually, so keep an ear out in the distant future smile