Song for Joy #38

By brian botkiller on September 23, 2018 9:01 pm

This is weird... I just realized that I wrote song 38 on the day that I turned 38.

The world is weird, man.

Anyway, kinda blippy, kinda paddy, all mnml, but no bongos smile

September 24, 2018 12:10 am

Listened to this after a last-minute submission and it washed all my troubles away. I really enjoy the mellow progression, and the uncanny syzygy mentioned.

September 25, 2018 8:28 pm
gpsychosis wrote:

Oh dang, that means a lot to me! I will go listen to yours now, too!

September 25, 2018 9:05 pm

HAPPY MOTHA FREAKIN' BIRTHDAYYYYY

For your pretend birthday party, I got you a pizza, chocolate chip cookies, garlic bread, a salad, cherry cola, and then brought colorful balloons and a Super Nintendo with games for everyone to play.

The super washy synths are so mesmerizing.  I like how the kick drum cuts through the wash so nicely.  Did you sidechain them?

September 26, 2018 3:33 am
orangedrink wrote:

HAPPY MOTHA FREAKIN' BIRTHDAYYYYY

Dude that's all the best bday presents EVER. Thank you smile

Actually no, no sidechain at all -- this is all pretty just out of the box stuff, I dunno, keeping it simple just works, I guess?

Thank you so much for your kind words!

September 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Wow Brian I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!! (Get this into the radiooo people!!)
Thank you again for all the advise and for allowing to get to know more about u! I look up 2 you man!
Cheers