Song for Joy #12

By brian botkiller on March 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Joy has been working really hard on some new dance pieces, so a lot of her movement works its way into some of my songs. This is a chill piece, a little d&b influenced.

March 26, 2018 2:25 am

Very good mood throughout. I feel like there are two songs here - a two for one special this week! Carry on.

March 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Agreed on the two song comment.  I really like them both.  Your opening chord progression is simply amazing.

March 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Thanks guys. I sort of felt that way, too -- I will probably revisit this one for two songs smile

March 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Nice groove to start. Love the way is slowly transformed into a completely different song midway through and then merges both with the return of the bass line. Very inventive. What are you using for drum sounds? Great sounds!

March 29, 2018 8:41 pm
NWSPR wrote:

This is just a kit built from Ableton sounds, I got really fed up with trying to build things from all kinds of different sources, so now I usually just use native samples and stuff. I get pretty antsy and I just want to make shit now (that's what I get for being a drummer), so I just use built-in stuff a lot. Thank you so much for your kind words!

March 30, 2018 1:33 am