Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Brackleforth's music / Limb in the Rock

Limb in the Rock

By Brackleforth on January 18, 2020 8:14 pm

4/4 time, Enigmatic scale (except for bagpipe drone). Transposition numbers are: 1 3 2 2 2 1 1 going up and 1 3 1 3 2 1 1 going down
Created in Anvil Studio and SynthFont2

January 20, 2020 12:57 am

Oh wow, super chaotic but it all flows so well... Very cool indeed!

January 21, 2020 7:52 pm

I had to look up 12tone's video on the Enigmatic scale and it sounds hella hard to compose in. I think you picked a good arrangement of instruments to tackle the tone of the scale.

January 21, 2020 9:51 pm

So is this like a walking rock?

ViridianLoom wrote:

Like with most arcane scales, all you need to do is throw some notes at it and shake it a bit.

January 22, 2020 10:35 pm

Really enjoyed this.  The bass really kept it all together for me.

January 28, 2020 1:28 am
Mortistar wrote:

Oh wow, super chaotic but it all flows so well... Very cool indeed!

Thanx! The scale's missing perfect 4th and perfect 5th so I went the chaotic route

ViridianLoom wrote:

It's fun to compose in ahaha tongue the trick I find is to modulate up 4 semitones and not use every note in the chords

Devieus wrote:

So is this like a walking rock?

It's an open-ended reference to physical action, sort of like petal to the metal

orangedrink wrote:

Really enjoyed this.  The bass really kept it all together for me.

Thank you for listening! The bass was the last thing I added and I agree it rounds it out pretty good