Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Emerald Moss

By Brackleforth on January 7, 2018 8:24 am

Hello! Glad to be back for another year.

9/8 and 11/8 time.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 8, 2018 2:46 am

Once again, you make complex time signatures sound totally inevitable ::)

January 8, 2018 2:47 am

And nice orchestration, too.

January 8, 2018 3:46 am

back for the time signature lessons wink This reminded me a bit of cyriak for some reason? or being trapped in a chaotic SNES RPG hahaha :3

January 8, 2018 5:48 am

Love the timings

January 8, 2018 6:37 am

Fan of the time signatures and scales and a very interesting arrangement. What is this all written in?

January 8, 2018 4:13 pm

fun & slightly discombobulating

i found this gif when listening to the middle section of the piece & it made me laugh out loud

January 10, 2018 1:28 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Once again, you make complex time signatures sound totally inevitable ::)

Hey, nice to see you again! Thanks for listening ^ ^

XC3N wrote:

back for the time signature lessons wink This reminded me a bit of cyriak for some reason? or being trapped in a chaotic SNES RPG hahaha :3

What's up XC3N! I'm a big fan of SNES RPGs so looks like my work reflects that, haha. I checked out those animations earlier. Remarkable! yikes

orangedrink wrote:

Love the timings

Thanks for listening smile


rdomain wrote:

Fan of the time signatures and scales and a very interesting arrangement. What is this all written in?

Thank you! I wrote the MIDI in Anvil Studio, and then added soundfonts in SynthFont. I also used my chord progression generator web application that I made to help with the arrangement. It has all 7-note scales. You can check it out here if you're interested: http://brackleforth.freetzi.com/progressiongenerator2.html

kaedo sevaada wrote:

fun & slightly discombobulating

i found this gif when listening to the middle section of the piece & it made me laugh out loud

Thank you, I always try to make my songs engaging to listen to. I'm fond of the middle section too! Where'd you find this footage of me? ;P lol

January 10, 2018 1:40 am

Yo, the instrumentation is so good! So many different vibes comin' from this one song! Can't wait to hear more

January 13, 2018 9:39 pm

First time i think its a chiptune, but then it´s
A Very interesting composition!

January 14, 2018 8:27 am

Love the groove in the middle section just before the synth voice patch comes in. Very cool feel

January 16, 2018 12:09 am
strolts wrote:

Yo, the instrumentation is so good! So many different vibes comin' from this one song! Can't wait to hear more

Thank you! You're very kind ^ ^

m2K7 wrote:

First time i think its a chiptune, but then it´s
A Very interesting composition!

I must make even more interesting songz. Thanks for listening! smile

chump wrote:

Love the groove in the middle section just before the synth voice patch comes in. Very cool feel

The middle section was pretty fun to write too. Thank you!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up