WeeklyBeats.com / Music / AYhaz's music / Just the Six of Us

Just the Six of Us

By AYhaz on April 1, 2018 10:38 pm

Genre: BGM
BPM: 90
Time Spent: 10 hours 45 minutes

~

Me and five people. None of us needed a reason to be among eachother. This isn't what we came for.
We just know that, in this very moment, we longed to be there, in the Garden. Yet, onlookers would undoubtedly see us as a group, and certainly not one born out of vile common interests.
Were we brought together by fate? Or was it simply a coincidence?
We found the answer to that same question we were all asking ourselves as soon as our gazes met.

In the Garden,
Just the Six of Us,
Bond as the Perfect Harmony.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

April 2, 2018 8:19 am

This is great! Super interesting rhythms smile

April 5, 2018 5:12 pm

Very pretty. Are there six instruments? I think I can count five: piano, bass, strings, another instrument not unlike a harpsichord and maybe the soundscape.

April 5, 2018 6:39 pm
antler wrote:

This is great! Super interesting rhythms smile

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Had these melodies stuck in my head for a while now, it kept going away whenever I would sit at the DAW but I eventually managed to catch it this time.

Devieus wrote:

I'm gonna cheat a bit and say that it's not really about instruments but about soundsources. That way, the instruments and the nature noises can be grouped together with the term "soundsources", although they're different. The title is indeed about the amount of sounds you can hear in the song.

The instrument you can't seem to name is a guitar, although it's not a very high quality guitar.

There are two type of strings used, which I would refer to as "string stabs" and "long strings". They're both pretty quiet and the latter type barely stands out at all for that reason. If I could've put more time into this before the deadline came up, I would've put more effort into making each instrument stand out more, and picked different instruments (first thing that comes to mind is choirs to replace the long strings, probably).

Thank you for your feedback.

April 5, 2018 6:58 pm

There was a guitar?

April 6, 2018 6:31 pm
Devieus wrote:

There was a guitar?

Yes, it kicks in at the "second part" halfway through.