WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Avarine's music / All You Need Is Less Than What You Think

All You Need Is Less Than What You Think

By Avarine on March 11, 2018 4:50 am

I can hardly believe week 10 is in the bag! This seems a fitting time to reflect on how it's all going. I knew doing weekly beats would be a challenge, but there have been unexpected rewards. The community here a huge plus. Tbh I was expecting some judginess and elitism, but actually everyone is so positive and encouraging, it's so great. There have been quite a few weeks already where I have been super busy with work and have uploaded a track I was not that happy with. But I have found that being able to finish my track for the week even with all of life's other things going on, gives me a little boost and makes me feel... capable. The biggest positive for me so far is that having a regular creative output makes me feel happier and balanced. So as a result of doing weekly beats, I have been much happier in general all year. My beliefs about creativity being a life "practice" are renewed and confirmed.  And of course, I have already learned so much by practising my beat making each week! I'm really enjoying this learning journey.

In this track, I continue my exploration of peppy house-y beats, fiddling around with samples for texture, and sparkly tones. Tools are: Roland Gaia, Roland FP-50 digital piano and Ableton Live.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

March 12, 2018 1:26 am

Words to live by; peppy indeed (and tightly constructed)! Sehr nett!

March 12, 2018 8:57 pm

There's too many differences to be elitist, plus we're all in this together.

We feel ya.

March 12, 2018 11:45 pm

Yeah part of what I've enjoyed about participating in Weekly Beats is the way that it kind of forces you to prioritize creativity.  It does feel good to create!  And as mentioned we are in this together.  I dig the driving beat on this.  The synths are fairly subtle but add a nice touch.

March 13, 2018 10:16 am

Pretty nice atmosphere sounds going on behind the drums the lead part towards the middle is nice and then the added piano a cool touch.

March 14, 2018 3:08 am

smile  this track is so joyful!

March 14, 2018 10:57 pm

yes yes to all you said and the awesome commenters on this smile -- creativity is a life saver, a muscle that grows with regular practice and this weekly deadline with supportive community is a good formula that helps us keep going. Love the title of this song, another good message that is. Great groove and I like the harmonies, and all the sparkles.

March 18, 2018 10:25 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

drexegar wrote:

kaedo sevaada wrote:

smile  this track is so joyful!

miraclemiles wrote:

Thanks for listening smile

September 17, 2018 10:36 am

Totally agree with you, Avarine. The best thing about WB IMHO is the wonderful community around it. True creativity and a positive feeling of giving the best you got just for the sheer joy of it: no ranks, no play counters, no hits.

I'm listening your playlist from week 38 to back and I can see a constant motion and evolution. I feel you when you say you feel "capable"...that sensation of looking through all the tracks and wonder "Did I really make ALL THOSE TRACKS?" instead of having a never ending "80% finished" project that "you're going to release soon"

Also I really love the titles of your tracks smile