Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Umbrose

By Ashen Simian on May 31, 2020 5:44 pm

Another brick to the weeklybeats wall... this time a very quick ambient improvisation, rather dark and esoteric stuff. Hopefully next week I can get into the swing of things in the normal way, regarding weeklybeating 2020!

The gear is Waldorf Blofeld + Minimoog and effects.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 1, 2020 7:22 pm

Hypnotic and atmospheric!

June 1, 2020 10:14 pm

Well, this goes into some interesting places, especially at the end there. Quite a journey.

June 3, 2020 7:16 pm

Yeah that went to some unexpected places. I especially liked that sound that kicked in around 2:36, but the whole experience was cool. 

June 5, 2020 7:03 pm
onezero wrote:

Hypnotic and atmospheric!

Devieus wrote:

Well, this goes into some interesting places, especially at the end there. Quite a journey.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Yeah that went to some unexpected places. I especially liked that sound that kicked in around 2:36, but the whole experience was cool.

Thanks guys! Nice to hear that you got the vibe of a journey out of it... it was a very spontaneous thing this week. Might work on it a bit later on...

June 7, 2020 9:14 pm

The beginning section of this remind me of the Tron soundtrack and then gets darker and goes beyond. Quite an exploration! Are those train cars going down a track? Very cool!  I think I saw you just did a new release on BC... am I correct?  I need to go check it out.

June 19, 2020 8:59 am
NWSPR wrote:

The beginning section of this remind me of the Tron soundtrack and then gets darker and goes beyond. Quite an exploration! Are those train cars going down a track? Very cool!  I think I saw you just did a new release on BC... am I correct?  I need to go check it out.

Yes, I put a train sample there, mangled with effects. Have been listening to Trans Europe Express by Kraftwerk lately smile. Yes, I put some of my early work for this year to the BC, you can hear most of it here for free, though smile I remixed most and made some tweaks and modifications here and there... just let me know if you want a free code. That goes for anyone else too who sees this here smile

June 19, 2020 3:54 pm

I just snagged it and am enjoying now (it's hanging out with the latest Gab Manette).  I like to get the polished final work. Nice cover art as well. Thanks!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up