Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / antler's music / Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!

By antler on July 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Whoa! A track title! yikes

Since I'm now going through my previous tracks for release and have to name them all at once, I figured it just easier to name my wb's from the start from now on ;p

I was watching this 8bit Music Theory vid on Smash Brothers music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGj1Gr4KfC8) and got excited to have a go at it myself Somehow the chorus turned into something reminiscent of 00's kids tv shows, so hence the name. Hope you like it! smile

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
July 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Yep this works beautifully as a theme! It's catchy and bright, love the flourish at the end!

July 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Track titles!! Feels good to hear your tunes again! Impressed as usual by the intricate structure - you have way better arrangement than most people using full DAWs wink Quality work heart

July 24, 2018 7:20 pm

All good Circus aspects, no animal cruelty. Winner.

July 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Whoa! You took the words right out my mouf! (a track title!)  Ah yais there's that awesome full stereo mix!  The arps dance so nicely with the beat.  The chorus is super catchy and then it jumps into another theme? Yais! I've watched most of those 8bit Music Theory videos, they're interesting and inspiring.  Especially the one about ambient music and donkey kong country smile  As usual excellent track!

July 26, 2018 8:19 pm

I recommend this one as your opening track for you album!

July 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Glad to be here.

You should check out Adam Neely, he's doing great work with music theory as well.

July 31, 2018 6:27 am
Gab Manette wrote:

Yep this works beautifully as a theme! It's catchy and bright, love the flourish at the end!


Hey, thanks! I spent some time on that flourish right before the deadline, glad I got it in on time smile

hieme wrote:

Track titles!! Feels good to hear your tunes again! Impressed as usual by the intricate structure - you have way better arrangement than most people using full DAWs wink Quality work <3


Thanks, Hieme! Honestly I think my structure could use some work, I'm using verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus way too often. Then again...track a week, what should I expect wink

Jim Wood wrote:

All good Circus aspects, no animal cruelty. Winner.


There's some animals in week 30's track, but no place for cruelty in any track! wink

Tone Matrix wrote:

Whoa! You took the words right out my mouf! (a track title!)  Ah yais there's that awesome full stereo mix!  The arps dance so nicely with the beat.  The chorus is super catchy and then it jumps into another theme? Yais! I've watched most of those 8bit Music Theory videos, they're interesting and inspiring.  Especially the one about ambient music and donkey kong country smile  As usual excellent track!


Haha, better get used to it! Now only I need to get used to coming up with track titles regularly. Thanks, happy you like it!
And yeah, that one about DK is super interesting!

orangedrink wrote:

I recommend this one as your opening track for you album!


Exactly what I was thinking! big_smile

Devieus wrote:

Glad to be here.

You should check out Adam Neely, he's doing great work with music theory as well.


Oh yeah he is, love his channel! Glad yt's growing rapidly concerning music theory smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up