Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / antler's music / Weekly Beats 2018 #9

Weekly Beats 2018 #9

By antler on March 4, 2018 3:46 pm

Bass-heavy, played around with lsdj grooves this week (noise channel). Can't believe it's week 9 already; I think I've written twice as much tracks as I did throughout the entirety of 2017. WeeklyBeats is such a great stimulus to your creativity.

Came back from France on Friday, so only had part of the weekend to work on this wb. Managing to squeeze out a track like this in a couple of hours teaches you a lot.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
March 5, 2018 12:25 am

Oh yes, that growl is so gutteral, amazing melody work with it as well heart I love how this track progresses

March 5, 2018 12:42 am

so much going on in this track! kick-ass!!

March 5, 2018 3:54 am

nice tune

I like the change to the triple time very much.
Very nice metric modulation example

March 5, 2018 7:42 am
Mortistar wrote:

Oh yes, that growl is so gutteral, amazing melody work with it as well <3 I love how this track progresses


Guttural describes it so perfectly, exactly what I was going for! Cool!

Wisefire wrote:

so much going on in this track! kick-ass!!


Yeah, I guess a lot happens in this wb. One of the most frequent comments I used to get was that I switched to new material way too often, so that's always a delicate balance for me. Happy you like it smile

zyuuziro wrote:

nice tune

I like the change to the triple time very much.
Very nice metric modulation example


Hah, always knew the trick, never knew the name. Thanks for teaching! *goes on a music theory trip*
Glad you like the tune! big_smile

March 5, 2018 11:22 am

Great work man, especially under time pressure! I love the switch ups with that rhythm heart

March 5, 2018 12:28 pm
hieme wrote:

Great work man, especially under time pressure! I love the switch ups with that rhythm <3


Thanks! The time pressure works really well for me in a weird sense. Forces you to not think too long about some dilemma's and just GO! \m/

March 5, 2018 7:32 pm

A frantic rush to the finish line! Great track, really enjoyed the tension and the rise up to the bouncy squares!

March 6, 2018 3:09 pm

I was just about to mention how much I like that triply melody that gets introduced and then all the drums and everything just filled in the space so nicely yikes  Another suhweet track!

March 6, 2018 4:16 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

A frantic rush to the finish line! Great track, really enjoyed the tension and the rise up to the bouncy squares!


Tone Matrix wrote:

I was just about to mention how much I like that triply melody that gets introduced and then all the drums and everything just filled in the space so nicely yikes  Another suhweet track!


Thanks, both of you! Your kind words mean a lot to me ^_^

March 6, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm digging the bass, but something about it bugs me. I'm not sure what it is though.

March 14, 2018 11:01 am

Holy shit that bassline! So funky! Works with the drums very well smile

March 15, 2018 10:01 am
Devieus wrote:

I'm digging the bass, but something about it bugs me. I'm not sure what it is though.


purelygrey wrote:

Holy shit that bassline! So funky! Works with the drums very well smile


Thanks! Glad you both like that bassline ^_^

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up