Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / antler's music / Weekly Beats 2018 #9

Weekly Beats 2018 #9

By antler on March 4, 2018 3:46 pm

Bass-heavy, played around with lsdj grooves this week (noise channel). Can't believe it's week 9 already; I think I've written twice as much tracks as I did throughout the entirety of 2017. WeeklyBeats is such a great stimulus to your creativity.

Came back from France on Friday, so only had part of the weekend to work on this wb. Managing to squeeze out a track like this in a couple of hours teaches you a lot.

March 5, 2018 12:25 am

Oh yes, that growl is so gutteral, amazing melody work with it as well heart I love how this track progresses

March 5, 2018 12:42 am

so much going on in this track! kick-ass!!

March 5, 2018 3:54 am

nice tune

I like the change to the triple time very much.
Very nice metric modulation example

March 5, 2018 7:42 am
Mortistar wrote:

Oh yes, that growl is so gutteral, amazing melody work with it as well <3 I love how this track progresses

Guttural describes it so perfectly, exactly what I was going for! Cool!

Wisefire wrote:

so much going on in this track! kick-ass!!

Yeah, I guess a lot happens in this wb. One of the most frequent comments I used to get was that I switched to new material way too often, so that's always a delicate balance for me. Happy you like it smile

zyuuziro wrote:

nice tune

I like the change to the triple time very much.
Very nice metric modulation example

Hah, always knew the trick, never knew the name. Thanks for teaching! *goes on a music theory trip*
Glad you like the tune! big_smile

March 5, 2018 11:22 am

Great work man, especially under time pressure! I love the switch ups with that rhythm heart

March 5, 2018 12:28 pm
hieme wrote:

Great work man, especially under time pressure! I love the switch ups with that rhythm <3

Thanks! The time pressure works really well for me in a weird sense. Forces you to not think too long about some dilemma's and just GO! \m/

March 5, 2018 7:32 pm

A frantic rush to the finish line! Great track, really enjoyed the tension and the rise up to the bouncy squares!

March 6, 2018 3:09 pm

I was just about to mention how much I like that triply melody that gets introduced and then all the drums and everything just filled in the space so nicely yikes  Another suhweet track!

March 6, 2018 4:16 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks, both of you! Your kind words mean a lot to me ^_^

March 6, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm digging the bass, but something about it bugs me. I'm not sure what it is though.

March 14, 2018 11:01 am