WeeklyBeats.com / Music / antler's music / Weekly Beats 2018 #8

Weekly Beats 2018 #8

By antler on February 22, 2018 10:43 pm

Eschewing the high-tempo electro beats from last couple of weeks, I moved back in style to my very first entry with a slower, meandering tune. Initially this started out with the thought of going for that "RPG village" vibe, but the addition of jazz brushes (tried to emulate that in the noise chan) quickly moved the track away from that. I'm personally very fond of the laid-back, rubato second theme. I tend to put a lot of "stuff" in my LSDJ tracks and I'd like to practice and remind myself not every step of every phrase of every chain needs to be filled (unless you're Aquellex, haha). I also played around more on my keys this time, which I think resulted in a more intricate harmonic progression than some of the other tracks.

LSDJ 5.8.8. Also used RX Elements to get rid of some clicks. Lower volume stuff like this generates lots of those in LSDJ.

February 26, 2018 12:15 am

ooh stereo effects wink very chill track. and yes that rubato part works very well!

February 26, 2018 12:16 am

Those instruments are beautiful, lovely composition as well heart Always a pleasure to listen to your tracks each week

February 26, 2018 2:13 am

Lovely composition heart I absolutely adore that second theme, pitch bend always gets me heart

February 26, 2018 9:04 am
Wisefire wrote:

Mortistar wrote:

Those instruments are beautiful, lovely composition as well <3 Always a pleasure to listen to your tracks each week

hieme wrote:

Lovely composition <3 I absolutely adore that second theme, pitch bend always gets me <3

Thanks, means a lot! heart Yeah, I'm a sucker for pitch bends as well ^_^

February 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Sometimes less is indeed more.

February 26, 2018 3:04 pm

An RPG village that then whooshes you to space and back!  Love that transition smile

February 27, 2018 6:23 am

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy! So nice. I personally really like those frizzly bits that fade in and out big_smile

February 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Great track big_smile makes me think of a cat going about its daily neighborhood stroll

February 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Gets really nice when the hihat starts... And that gritty melody wich sounds like a french movie cool!

March 1, 2018 3:37 pm
Devieus wrote:

Sometimes less is indeed more.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Avarine wrote:

Gab Manette wrote:

theGuen wrote:

Thanks everyone! Was across country for a couple of days, these messages are a warm welcome back! Fun to read what the song makes you think about smile Cats, french movies, rpg villages!

March 4, 2018 5:08 pm

To me this sounds like a winter morning tune smile but only when it's sunny!

antler wrote:

Yeah, I'm a sucker for pitch bends as well ^_^

Same here! big_smile

March 4, 2018 7:29 pm
purelygrey wrote:

To me this sounds like a winter morning tune smile but only when it's sunny!

antler wrote:

Yeah, I'm a sucker for pitch bends as well ^_^

Same here! big_smile

That's exactly what the weather was like here today! Cold, but sunny!