WeeklyBeats.com / Music / antler's music / Weekly Beats 2018 #19

Weekly Beats 2018 #19

By antler on May 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Aaaaw yiss! Time for something else entirely and back to my old roots for this week: prog! Get ready for some time signature switch-ups, tempo changes, solo's, and more!

I am personally really happy with how this track turned out. So much so I thought of skipping wb and sending this in for chiptunes=win v7, haha. I've tried doing prog chip before, but I could just never get stuff the way I wanted it to sound. Glad I spent the time to get some steady footing with LSDJ. Huzzah!

May 14, 2018 8:57 am

That lead though heart I love the pitch swings, it's expressive as hell. Nice switchup! Glad you're happy with this tune, it's always nice to get something you're pleased with out the other end heart

May 14, 2018 9:10 am
hieme wrote:

That lead though <3 I love the pitch swings, it's expressive as hell. Nice switchup! Glad you're happy with this tune, it's always nice to get something you're pleased with out the other end <3

Thaaanks! heart What do you mean with pitch swings precisely?

May 14, 2018 10:03 am

Your sound design in LSDJ always throws me off, everything sounds so damn polished. You need to give me a few tips and tricks wink

May 14, 2018 10:45 am
antler wrote:

Thaaanks! <3 What do you mean with pitch swings precisely?

OH, sorry, I was talking about that pitch bend on the main lead that comes in just before halfway smile

May 14, 2018 10:59 am
Mortistar wrote:

No problem! Ask away, happy to share tips and savs, or send a message over on soundcloud or so (don't believe wb has DM).
I'm actually considering releasing the first half of tracks for this year when we get there, including the saves. Big believer in paying it back/forward that way.

hieme wrote:
antler wrote:

Thaaanks! <3 What do you mean with pitch swings precisely?

Aaaah yes big_smile Classic 4ntler pitch bends, I'd say wink

May 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Great tune!!!

May 14, 2018 4:24 pm
theGuen wrote:

Great tune!!!

Thanks ^_^

May 16, 2018 5:44 am

So amazing, such a great journey it is, though it definitely could've resolved into something epic for sure, like constantly increasing the tempo in the last section, then reverting for the outro.

May 16, 2018 1:37 pm

The main melody playing off the arps has such a pleasing sound to it.  Then you throw in that other wavy line that just flutters about the stereo field! yikes  The tempo change into the dubby section was seamless too.  Dang!  I want to play an 8bit epic sidescroller to all of your tracks! smile

May 16, 2018 2:05 pm

That bassline though!  Damn impressive track! Ready for this Friday i'd imagine! oh wee als je deze niet speelt wink

May 16, 2018 3:45 pm
Devieus wrote:

Thanks, Devieus! Yeah, that could've been a good way to end this in a more epic way. Now it just repeats and then unravels (a common tool of the trade, heh).

Tone Matrix wrote:

Fluttering melodies, that should be my official subtitle wink Glad you thought the transition felt seemless, worked hard on it!

Wisefire wrote:

heart Ready for this friday as ever! Haha, ik twijfelde nog een beetje, prog met zijn maatsoorten is niet altijd per se de meest populaire/dansbare muziek ;p

May 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Superb chiptune track. A very nice change at the middle.

May 17, 2018 5:25 pm
NinjaBaka wrote:

Superb chiptune track. A very nice change at the middle.

Thanks, Ninja! :]

May 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Great track! heart definitely love chip prog big_smile

May 20, 2018 11:41 am
Gab Manette wrote:

Great track! <3 definitely love chip prog big_smile

Thanks, Gab! ^_^ Definitely gonna do more of that, it's been well received smile

(Shhh...though next week is a good ol' 4/4 dancer)

May 20, 2018 1:30 pm
antler wrote:

though next week is a good ol' 4/4 dancer)

Noice! In less than 12 hours then, I'll be dancing!

May 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Ha! This was most excellent.

May 20, 2018 6:32 pm
Gab Manette wrote:
antler wrote:

though next week is a good ol' 4/4 dancer)

Noice! In less than 12 hours then, I'll be dancing!

Haha I hope you will!

Ryan wrote:

Ha! This was most excellent.

Thanks, Ryan!

June 25, 2018 7:29 pm

Ok I need a DMG now! I still got some lsdj carts lying around... Thanks for the chipmusic!!!

June 25, 2018 7:35 pm
??? wrote:

You're totally welcome! Hahaha, get to it! ^_^ Looking forward to what you'll cook up heart