WeeklyBeats.com / Music / antler's music / Stand Up and Dance

Stand Up and Dance

By antler on September 23, 2018 7:46 pm

This is one of those tracks I wish I had more time to work on.

Initially started because I found a new recording of a live show of the Avishai Cohen Trio (bass player) on youtube and I love his music so gorramn much. Harmonies and rhythm are partly inspired by him, though a jazz ensemble on a game boy quickly sounds completely different. Interesting how much timbre plays a role (and the fact that I'm not a legendary bass jazz player tongue).

Anyway, it's Sunday evening and I have to record this for upload. Wanted to spend more time on the solo (lengthen it) and I'm not convinced by the segue into the last chorus personally. In any case, listen to Avishai, and stand up and dance!

September 24, 2018 12:05 am

That panning heart Gets me every time. This is such a solid tune heart

September 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Overflowing with a kind of wack energy. Faved.

September 25, 2018 11:54 pm

Chipjazz!? I'M SOLD!!!

September 26, 2018 7:39 am

I'm not much of a dancing person, but making chip jazz sounds like an interesting challenge.

October 29, 2018 9:02 pm
hieme wrote:

That panning <3 Gets me every time. This is such a solid tune <3

Haha, it's mostly just me me going L R L R with every hit of background instruments, or some other pattern (L L R L R R).Happy you dig it so much smile

Jim Wood wrote:

Overflowing with a kind of wack energy. Faved.

Yes, this is a bit of a wacky track, hehe. Glad you like it!

Guabágeuse wrote:

Chipjazz!? I'M SOLD!!!

yes, FREE CHIPJAZZ FOR EVERYONE!

Devieus wrote:

It is! Difficult to express full jazz harmony with just three pitch channels. And LSDJ is built for 16-beat bars, so this is Hop commands galore.