Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / antler's music / Save Us, Impractiman!

Save Us, Impractiman!

By antler on August 5, 2018 8:03 pm

As you may guess from the title, I went to see The Incredibles 2 this week and what a movie! Loved the first as a kid, and 2 is just as fun. More importantly, I think Giacchino really outdid himself with the soundtrack. When I came home, my mind was still teeming with sweet syncopation and lush chromatic lines. Apparently, this wb is what happens when I try to pour that into a gameboy within a day and a half. Included some wannabe latin for some good measure, because I love that stuff big_smile

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
August 6, 2018 12:10 am

Oh my lord this is very groovy, can tell you got that inspiration, you've reminded me to go and see that film, looks like a great one! Maybe it'll be as great as this tune! heart

August 6, 2018 12:28 am

This one's intense for sure! There's a ton going on here as usual. I love the melodic bits, you always outdo yourself in that department heart

August 6, 2018 1:34 am

It's got that 40s Los Angeles swing feel. Loose and tight at the same time.

August 7, 2018 8:53 am
Mortistar wrote:

Oh my lord this is very groovy, can tell you got that inspiration, you've reminded me to go and see that film, looks like a great one! Maybe it'll be as great as this tune! <3


Haha, it's so much better than this tune. Giacchino is such a talented composer heart

hieme wrote:

This one's intense for sure! There's a ton going on here as usual. I love the melodic bits, you always outdo yourself in that department <3


Yay, thanks ^_^

Jim Wood wrote:

It's got that 40s Los Angeles swing feel. Loose and tight at the same time.


Perfect, that's what I was going for! big_smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up