Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Alex Fun's music / Blood Sweat and Grit

Blood Sweat and Grit

By Alex Fun on January 19, 2020 11:56 pm

I never make aggressive bass music because I'm not a big fan of it so... I thought I'd give it a try! I made almost all of the sounds on serum. I think I used one or two presets and tweeked them until they had enough grit. I'm not gonna lie, making this one was kinda fun. Weekly Beats has so far proven to be a great way to try lots of new things because I don't have to worry about whether or not I want to keep the songs. Still, that being said I will always encourage all constructive criticism to enhance learning. Cheers!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 20, 2020 5:24 am

Yeah! One way I like thinking of making more 'intense' music is "fun"- maybe "aggressively fun" could be appropriate.

Dig the dual-buildup- definitely felt like something was going to happen but leading in through the suspense I was wondering what it would be. I dig that formant-y vowel sounding serum bass. the melody you programmed was intricate and catchy so it kept things feeling intelligent while still hitting the "unf" level.

Good job man! Looking forward to hearing whats next

January 20, 2020 5:45 am

Love that formant filter and those drums, keep it up!

January 20, 2020 10:49 pm

That lead bass is so sick. I definitely want to hear you use that instrument in a similar fashion on another song if you're not going to keep working on this one. Really cool to hear your try your sound onto a different subgenre!

January 22, 2020 2:18 pm

That vocal talking bass effect is awesome! You should wade into these waters more often! Super tight bass and drum arrangement.

January 22, 2020 6:58 pm
Alex Fun wrote:

Weekly Beats has so far proven to be a great way to try lots of new things because I don't have to worry about whether or not I want to keep the songs.

YES this is what it's all about! This is a cool track though, nice work!

January 29, 2020 1:32 am
NWSPR wrote:

That vocal talking bass effect is awesome! You should wade into these waters more often! Super tight bass and drum arrangement.

kineticturtle wrote:
Alex Fun wrote:

Weekly Beats has so far proven to be a great way to try lots of new things because I don't have to worry about whether or not I want to keep the songs.

Thank you both! Definitely encouraging me to keep at trying out the higher energy stuff.
YES this is what it's all about! This is a cool track though, nice work!


You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up