Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Aletheia's music / Word of the Elements

Word of the Elements

By Aletheia on December 6, 2020 6:52 pm

For this week's piece I started with the Continua ios synth being driven by a generative sequence around an Eminor 7 arpeggio. Then I improvised two other parts (one "chimes" or flute like and another the guitar-like wail which is still the synth) after which I added a rather abstract drum pattern and recorded the bass guitar with my fretless. The next part was acoustic guitar, the most basic arpeggios in the key (and a simple melody line), but since the rest of the texture was quite full they worked good enough. Finally I added a short portamento solo on the Volca Keys and an additional drum pattern in that section.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

December 9, 2020 7:37 pm

I love a well textured song, and a decent use of the space, too.

December 11, 2020 5:58 am

Beautiful ambient. I really enjoy your acoustic guitar and this synth part from 5:40. It's a nice peaceful journey.

December 11, 2020 11:04 am
Devieus wrote:

I love a well textured song, and a decent use of the space, too.

Thank you very much!

Alette wrote:

I'm glad you like it!

December 13, 2020 11:47 am

really capturing the winter early morning darkness vibes - the anticipation of sunrise

December 15, 2020 11:35 am
emily wrote:

Great interpretation! I so much wish to reconnect with nature, hopefully these difficult times will ease up in the next months.

December 15, 2020 5:12 pm
Aletheia wrote:
emily wrote:

oh me too! it is nice to look at pretty pictures but not the same as the real thing

December 20, 2020 10:27 pm