WeeklyBeats.com / Music / 0F's music / Orca vs. QY70 #1 excerpt

0F

Orca vs. QY70 #1 excerpt

By 0F on December 31, 2019 1:30 am

I said I wasn't going to do Weekly Beats this year.. but here we are. These will be more like weekly jams or generative experiments cut from streams, rather than fully composed tracks.

Anyway, here's the first one! I got a QY70 again after selling one a couple of years ago and missing it. In this track I'm sequencing it with the experimental live coding sequencer Orca. All sound is from the QY70 with no additional effects. Turned out kinda witch housey? I like it.

Link to stream. I think I'll move to Youtube for future streams, or maybe some kind of multi-stream setup.. so here's my Youtube channel if you want to know when I'm next going live.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

January 6, 2020 12:32 am

This is so fucking rad, especially watching you program that Orca dude!

It's insane how good that QY70 sounds!

January 6, 2020 2:14 am

super nice movement on the lead here, those choirs remind me a lot of a particular monolake track - wonder if they're also qy70

January 6, 2020 7:03 pm

Wow, what an amazing choir sound

January 6, 2020 8:05 pm

Low basssssss

January 6, 2020 11:10 pm

Perfect approach, checking out the Orca site now, looks really cool...been dreaming of the nomadic artist life a bit...One thing though, if one of the goals is to minimise pain and suffering, have you considered switching to typescript? (sorry big_smile )

January 7, 2020 12:34 am

qy sounds so good smile

January 7, 2020 3:29 pm

Nice. The QY sounds have a real late 90s PC game soundtrack vibe.

January 12, 2020 3:02 pm

This is really nice!

Also, I've wanted a QY70 for a couple of years and this just sent me back to eBay lol.

January 13, 2020 10:04 pm