Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / XC3N's music / 5P00K1ND14N

5P00K1ND14N

By XC3N on January 31, 2016 6:13 pm

This week I seem to have gotten influenced by @Brackleforth and decided to try something a bit exotic using a different time signature.

I think this is 6/4? haha... as for the key looks like good old G Minor, nothing new there, but the instrument selection makes it different.

My friend Pyrotte also recommended this free Protoverb reverb VST, which is essentially a reverb randomizer? You should check it out: https://www.u-he.com/cms/179-protoverb

Thanks to a shy Pei for the vocal bits and to Kyarorain for the song title!

Made with:
-Renoise 3.1 + samples
-Korg M1 VST
-D16 Phoscyon TB303 VST
-D16 Nepheton TR808 VST
-U-He Protoverb VST
-Destroy FX Buffer Override VST

There is a bit of crackle in the quiet part and I spent like an hour trying to fix it, so fuck that x_X not sure what's happening, I smoothed it out with CEP2 XD

Peace!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
February 1, 2016 12:56 am

Super cool dude! I don't notice the crackle at all.

February 1, 2016 1:11 am

Was there like a secret oriental theme for this week?
I listened to like 3 tunes so far and 2 of them have this gu-zheng like plucky instrument in there big_smile

Sweet track. You're doing the 6/4 right, you only notice it if you pay attention.

February 1, 2016 1:31 am

Very cool sounds!!  Makes me want to go back to Thailand...

February 1, 2016 6:38 am

Those vocals work really well! Nice job!

February 1, 2016 9:26 am

Really nice! I should also try some variation in time signatures in future tracks. smile BTW my track this week's got the pocket operator in it big_smile

February 1, 2016 10:00 am

You have nailed the sounds (nice mix of ethnic instruments with synths, and of course those vocals), melodies, and rhythms wink wonderful job

February 1, 2016 5:46 pm

yoooooooooooooo (I kept saying yoooooo while listening lmao)
you handle the detuned instrument really well dude, as well as the vocals and time sig. (ノ°ο°)ノ (ノ°ο°)ノ (ノ°ο°)ノ

February 1, 2016 7:48 pm

Not a great fan of oriental sounding (electric) instruments but in the soundscape you created here it just makes sense and provides a really interesting arrangement.

February 1, 2016 7:57 pm

Surfing on one of the moons of Jupiter?

February 1, 2016 8:18 pm

L'intro et l'ambiance sont vraiment nice, les ptits lasers aussi! J'aime ben les genre de back vocal.

February 1, 2016 10:45 pm

I think this is my favorite this week

February 2, 2016 7:35 am
Sam&Janx wrote:

Super cool dude! I don't notice the crackle at all.


not sure exactly, some artefact in the reverb? might just sound like texture for most but it annoys me since I know I didn't put it there wink

iLKke wrote:

Was there like a secret oriental theme for this week?
I listened to like 3 tunes so far and 2 of them have this gu-zheng like plucky instrument in there big_smile

Sweet track. You're doing the 6/4 right, you only notice it if you pay attention.


Yeah you didn't get the weekly themes list?! wink haha ... thanks! it was my first time writting in that time signature yikes

LydiaPrimate wrote:

Very cool sounds!!  Makes me want to go back to Thailand...


Let me know if you guys go! I'll come and join you smile

filby wrote:

Those vocals work really well! Nice job!


had a bit of problems since my friend basically just ad libed something while I was making the track and I asked to record it... I had to do a bit of manip to make it fit in but it works!

RCole wrote:

Really nice! I should also try some variation in time signatures in future tracks. smile BTW my track this week's got the pocket operator in it big_smile


yeah it was a fun experiment and yielded good results! I recommend it, esp within WB. Yeah I heard! love how you used the sounds! those percussions are ace, I need to steer away from the sequencer and do more raw sampling

nikola wrote:

You have nailed the sounds (nice mix of ethnic instruments with synths, and of course those vocals), melodies, and rhythms wink wonderful job


thank you so much! was my first time doing something like this yikes

Brackleforth wrote:

yoooooooooooooo (I kept saying yoooooo while listening lmao)
you handle the detuned instrument really well dude, as well as the vocals and time sig. (ノ°ο°)ノ (ノ°ο°)ノ (ノ°ο°)ノ


yooooo XD thanks dude! you were the main inspiration for this little experiment ^^

Kleie wrote:

Not a great fan of oriental sounding (electric) instruments but in the soundscape you created here it just makes sense and provides a really interesting arrangement.


yeah I really see this being the background of some tribal fusion dancing! thanks smile

Jim Wood wrote:

Surfing on one of the moons of Jupiter?


hehe getting a space vibe from it? or am I missing something?

??? wrote:

L'intro et l'ambiance sont vraiment nice, les ptits lasers aussi! J'aime ben les genre de back vocal.


Les ptits laser = 303?

thricefoldedcloak wrote:

I think this is my favorite this week


wow, high praise yikes ! Thanks I really appreciate that!!

February 2, 2016 7:52 am

This is fantastic, well done mayne!

February 2, 2016 9:38 am
RCole wrote:

Really nice! I should also try some variation in time signatures in future tracks. smile BTW my track this week's got the pocket operator in it big_smile


yeah it was a fun experiment and yielded good results! I recommend it, esp within WB. Yeah I heard! love how you used the sounds! those percussions are ace, I need to steer away from the sequencer and do more raw sampling



Ya know that's funny because I didn't sample anything! It's all live pattern switching and FX parameter locks. I synced it to numerology with a clicktrack. The PO12 is actually just the high register percussion, the drums are samples on the ESX being triggered from numerology. smile

For me sampling and then arranging is really tedious, so I've kind of limited myself to things I can do live. big_smile

February 2, 2016 11:11 am

Really nice use of D16 stuff here. You took the out-of-the-box route towards really intriging ways

February 2, 2016 9:31 pm

Perfect description! Love the time sig and the name says it all

February 3, 2016 5:33 pm

Creepy mood in this one but I like that smile The vocal added a nice touch too.

February 4, 2016 12:53 am

February 4, 2016 5:11 am

Wow - pretty nuts combo to pull together.  Done well!!

February 5, 2016 3:38 pm
Dkstr wrote:

This is fantastic, well done mayne!


thanks! means even more coming from you smile

RCole wrote:

Ya know that's funny because I didn't sample anything! It's all live pattern switching and FX parameter locks. I synced it to numerology with a clicktrack. The PO12 is actually just the high register percussion, the drums are samples on the ESX being triggered from numerology. smile

For me sampling and then arranging is really tedious, so I've kind of limited myself to things I can do live. big_smile


ah that's really how I used to feel, but I do have fun programming drums too. I need to see if I can sync the PO to my monomachine!

laguna wrote:

Really nice use of D16 stuff here. You took the out-of-the-box route towards really intriging ways


big_smile Thanks!

donnyjankowski wrote:

Perfect description! Love the time sig and the name says it all


big_smile

Tone Matrix wrote:

Creepy mood in this one but I like that smile The vocal added a nice touch too.


hehe I often self describe my style as creepcore wink thanks!

Ipaghost wrote:


YES! My ex was doing tribal fusion baladi dancing and I had precisely that in mind when writting it.

cTrix wrote:

Wow - pretty nuts combo to pull together.  Done well!!


Dat feeling when senpai notices you! *__* hehehe thanks man!! really happy you dig it!

February 7, 2016 9:53 am
XC3N wrote:

I need to see if I can sync the PO to my monomachine!

An easy way of acheiving that is sampling the output of any Volca stuff and playing it into the sync input of the PO12. If my memory does not fail, I remember it uses 2 sync cycles per bar

February 7, 2016 11:23 am
laguna wrote:
XC3N wrote:

I need to see if I can sync the PO to my monomachine!

An easy way of acheiving that is sampling the output of any Volca stuff and playing it into the sync input of the PO12. If my memory does not fail, I remember it uses 2 sync cycles per bar

yeah but the monomachine isn't a sampler... I actually managed to attain sync by distorting one of the drum samples and setting a very short decay hehe

February 7, 2016 1:04 pm
XC3N wrote:


yeah but the monomachine isn't a sampler... I actually managed to attain sync by distorting one of the drum samples and setting a very short decay hehe

Tes, yo're totally right. I was wrongly thinking you owned an Octatrack. If you sample the sync signal you'll see that it's actually kinda bassdrum-looking, high pitched pulse

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up