Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / vinpous's music / Microtonal Study in Public Transport (aka: Fuck)

Microtonal Study in Public Transport (aka: Fuck)

By vinpous on February 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Over the weekend, it felt as though my programming and patching chops left me. Which meant a last minute piece on the way to my studio this morning just before the deadline. It is some improvisation based on the same microtonal iPad app I used a while back, along with a recording of the train ride.

This is so last minute. I was doing a SuperCollider Prime IV piece, but I fucked it up. So now I can't use it for WB, but it will be on the EP of prime numbers.

Fuck.

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

February 15, 2016 1:44 am

Inspired textures, great pacing.

There should be more improvisations with the word "fuck" in the title.

February 15, 2016 4:12 am

For a rushed piece, it's quite calming. The soft tones are reminiscent of the underground stages in Pikmin 2. Well done!

February 15, 2016 6:44 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Inspired textures, great pacing.

There should be more improvisations with the word "fuck" in the title.

I quite concur. I do confess that this was not *entirely* improvised. Only the microtonal source stuff, the rest was Abletoned. That's a word.

Brackleforth wrote:

Thanks. I don't know that game, but I must stop making calming and pretty music!

February 15, 2016 7:10 am

really digging this piece, been more interested in microtonal sounds over past few years

February 15, 2016 7:14 am
george bowles wrote:

12TET is kinda dull, all things considered.

February 15, 2016 10:56 am
Brackleforth wrote:

Totally agree here.
It is quite relaxing and meditative.
Fuck

February 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Fucking marvellous! We've both done slow works this week. Heh.

vinpous wrote:

I've heard you grappling with this a lot lately. I'm sure you can reconcile that this with the rest of your aesthetics. I kind of ran into this issue about 6 years ago. Then I heard this from Aphex Twin, who was my hero at the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkC41EOfeEk

PS: Fuck.

February 15, 2016 9:12 pm
Lyons wrote:
Brackleforth wrote:

Totally agree here.
It is quite relaxing and meditative.
Fuck

Thanks! Fuck.

February 15, 2016 9:15 pm
kevanatkins wrote:

Fucking marvellous! We've both done slow works this week. Heh.

vinpous wrote:

PS: Fuck.

Love me some Aphex Twin, will check the video out when I get to Collingwood.

I'm not grappling at all, by the way. Facetiousness doesn't come through I suppose. The first time I said it I was genuinely surprised that someone found it calming or whatever, this time was a play on that joke (to myself, really...) In fact, I really quite enjoy that people experience these things so differently. It helps to reinforce my beliefs about music more generally.

Thanks for the compliment, also!

February 15, 2016 9:27 pm

This is the track I was thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i17lq2bgi1Y
I tried listening to them at the same time and it kinda works imo

February 15, 2016 9:43 pm
Brackleforth wrote:

I tried listening to them at the same time and it kinda works imo

I can hear it!

February 16, 2016 5:12 pm
vinpous wrote:
kevanatkins wrote:

Fucking marvellous! We've both done slow works this week. Heh.

vinpous wrote:

PS: Fuck.

Love me some Aphex Twin, will check the video out when I get to Collingwood.

Thanks for the compliment, also!

Fair enough. Listening second time now.

March 5, 2016 12:12 am

Which app are you using, Vinpous?

March 5, 2016 3:41 am
laguna wrote:

Which app are you using, Vinpous?

Wilsonic.