Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / vinpous's music / Eleven-stomach Generator

Eleven-stomach Generator

By vinpous on May 21, 2016 2:13 am

Another Ableton Live feedback piece. This time taking some audio from some Live packs that I have, feeding it through some stuff, and feeding it back. This one is quite a bit more static and morphing based upon the input material. The feedback, therefore, is somewhat more controlled (for good or ill).

This week has been insanely busy. Gallery opening, premiere of The 65th Day (see previous posts for score), and PhD drawing closer. Gotta finish one more notated piece quickly and I'm free to PhD!

Have an image!
k by Vincent Giles, on Flickr

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
May 23, 2016 12:11 am

The sonic shroud of turin.

May 23, 2016 1:14 am
NWSPR wrote:

The sonic shroud of turin.

Heh, clever analogy. I like the slow changes in the harmonic structure, esp. towards the end.

How did the premiere go?

May 23, 2016 6:44 am
NWSPR wrote:

The sonic shroud of turin.


That's something God/Jesus-ish, right? I don't really get the analogy I'm afraid, but I'll take it as a compliment. big_smile


Jim Wood wrote:
NWSPR wrote:

The sonic shroud of turin.

Heh, clever analogy. I like the slow changes in the harmonic structure, esp. towards the end.

How did the premiere go?

Premiere went pretty well - a few more performances and it'll be great!

The interesting changes in harmonic structure are the feeding in of different material I think. smile

May 24, 2016 10:23 am

Wicked looking freq spectrum!  The piece is pretty cool too  smile

May 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Great feedback drone.  I'd suggest checking out how it sounds if you warp/re-pitch the final .wav/.aiff down an octave or two.  I'd bet it sounds glorious.

May 25, 2016 12:34 am
onezero wrote:

Great feedback drone.  I'd suggest checking out how it sounds if you warp/re-pitch the final .wav/.aiff down an octave or two.  I'd bet it sounds glorious.

Thanks!

Why don't you download and apply the shift? Report back!

May 26, 2016 2:54 pm
vinpous wrote:

Why don't you download and apply the shift? Report back!

Still a lot of high-frequency content!  Half-speed is kind of brutal in the main body of the piece (I think some really high frequencies are brought down just into the tinnitus-triggering range with 1/2), but 1/4 (53:00) and 1/8 (1 hour, 46 minutes) are really happening as drones.  At 1/8, the central section sounds like a huge sustained gong.  That's a really interesting waveform, too--lots of DC offset at the beginning and end.

May 26, 2016 6:09 pm

May 29, 2016 7:17 pm

I like these tones / Noises.
Lecker feedback´s

May 30, 2016 9:42 am
onezero wrote:
vinpous wrote:

Why don't you download and apply the shift? Report back!

Still a lot of high-frequency content!  Half-speed is kind of brutal in the main body of the piece (I think some really high frequencies are brought down just into the tinnitus-triggering range with 1/2), but 1/4 (53:00) and 1/8 (1 hour, 46 minutes) are really happening as drones.  At 1/8, the central section sounds like a huge sustained gong.  That's a really interesting waveform, too--lots of DC offset at the beginning and end.

Hey man, thanks heaps for this. The DC offset thing was the source of this week's Satay. I'm really glad you did this experiment. I went to do something similar but thought I'd do my own thange.

Ipaghost wrote:

I love this so much.

m2K7 wrote:

I like these tones / Noises.
Lecker feedback´s

Thanks! What's Lecker feedback?

May 30, 2016 9:44 am
rdomain wrote:

Wicked looking freq spectrum!  The piece is pretty cool too  smile

It's rad isn't it?

May 30, 2016 11:45 am

Lecker, german word for delicious smile
Delicius Feedback

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up