Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Tone Matrix's music / Importer Exporter

Importer Exporter

By Tone Matrix on March 20, 2016 10:31 pm

I procrastinated until today since I had family in town for the week, but for the amount of time I had I feel pretty cool with this track.  I also need to catch up on last week's reviews!  Thanks so much for listening! smile

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 21, 2016 2:07 am

cool stuff

March 21, 2016 7:30 am

All-encompassing chill grooves straight from the heart of Vandelay Industries.

March 21, 2016 7:32 am

Love where this track goes. Has a really nice build. I'd be interested in how you go about composing and choosing progressions.

March 21, 2016 4:54 pm

Intro really reminds me of BoC! In a beautiful place out in the country perhaps?

March 21, 2016 5:26 pm

wow, that sound in the middle section is amazing! great vibe.

March 21, 2016 6:06 pm
thricefoldedcloak wrote:

Love where this track goes. Has a really nice build. I'd be interested in how you go about composing and choosing progressions.


Thanks smile
I usually fool around with familiar chord progressions on my keyboard until I hear something I like.  I tend to like minor chords and I try to change it up if I can find a cool key change to just throw off the repetition. Lots of happy accidents really smile

March 21, 2016 6:10 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

Intro really reminds me of BoC! In a beautiful place out in the country perhaps?

Ha I def heard it myself when I was recording the first section of chords.  I've listened to so much BoC and Plaid lately smile Gimme three floaty chords and i'm off!
But yea I just realized the tape effect is there too.  Oops smile

March 21, 2016 6:13 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:
Ipaghost wrote:

Intro really reminds me of BoC! In a beautiful place out in the country perhaps?

Ha I def heard it myself when I was recording the first section of chords.  I've listened to so much BoC and Plaid lately smile Gimme three floaty chords and i'm off!
But yea I just realized the tape effect is there too.  Oops smile


Hey, it works! Totally not a bad thing at all!

March 21, 2016 8:58 pm

This rocks (in a non-rock fashion)!

March 22, 2016 2:54 am

New fav on this new week!

I love the main lead in the middle section, good job!

March 22, 2016 5:18 pm

It's BoC & Plaid's first born!!!!! I think Ulrich Schnauss was also there at the conception....superb!!!

Stunning production/mix - very well done.

March 22, 2016 10:23 pm

Really nice track!

March 23, 2016 3:32 am

Great job, keep listening to boc and plaid, they are having a good influence on you

March 23, 2016 8:10 pm
GrainBastard wrote:

It's BoC & Plaid's first born!!!!! I think Ulrich Schnauss was also there at the conception....superb!!!

Stunning production/mix - very well done.

+1

Another sucker for Boards of Canada here. My mum gave me "Everything is a ballon" on vynil for Christmas, and my interest was renewed. smile

Great track as usual, man. The electric piano part is superb.

Would you be interested in swapping some beats i've got stuck here? I'm sure you'll give them new life with your synth magic.

March 24, 2016 4:42 pm

Nice and clean production. Great song. Love it.

March 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Nice Track, i Love the Melody´s and your Arrangement smile

March 26, 2016 4:12 am

Nicely done.  Dig the percussive elements blended with the lovely synth tones.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up