Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / tim koch's music / zwischen Bahnhof

zwischen Bahnhof

By tim koch on January 28, 2016 11:37 pm

This began with a motive of krautrock repetition with more minimal synth features recurring, but ended up just being a chunk of elements that have not properly been arranged, with a few pitch issues on the wavestation sequence that creeps in about 1/3 in (which YES is the same patch used by Bjork in 'Human Behaviour' which I only realised after I had finished this).

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 1, 2016 12:36 am

Cool kraftwerk sound to it. Nice minimal arrangement.

February 1, 2016 2:28 am

Shame on Bjork for using presets! #bjorkgate

Seriously tho this is some good shizzlang! Getting a strong movie or tv soundtrack vibe here.

Bonus points for surprisingly different songs every week

February 1, 2016 3:19 pm

really cool, nice textures

February 1, 2016 6:16 pm

love the sound of the beeping A5 - really ties everything together. Solid textures and atmosphere as well, great work!

February 2, 2016 8:24 pm

flows nicely. reminds me a bit of a playing-the-angel-era depeche mode b-side (in a good way).

February 2, 2016 9:19 pm

Nice use of the Wavestation. A lot of movement, it evolves slowly until without ever stopping. Nice job, Tim

February 2, 2016 9:21 pm

I dig the krautrock vibe, I could listen to this stuff all day!

February 3, 2016 4:28 am

OK so this came up again on shuffle and it felt like something I've known since forever.
I guess that's as good as it gets.

Any samples in this at all?

February 3, 2016 4:42 am
iLKke wrote:

OK so this came up again on shuffle and it felt like something I've known since forever.
I guess that's as good as it gets.

Any samples in this at all?

Ah why tankyou! Samples-wise - the gritty stuff looping in the background is a sequence of wav's that I generated at work from some code-sound .exe - and also some of the blips are made with SFXR! Otherwise all VSTi (Wavestation) and Ableton Operator / perc kits.

The oddly pitched drone in the background is a very rudimentary guitar VST with Fracture fx smile

February 4, 2016 4:53 am

Cool track, I dig the ping pong sort of sound that is almost reminiscent of sonar or a blip on the radar smile  The progression was very relaxing in fact.  Nice job!

February 7, 2016 6:31 am

Very cool track.  Still maintaining a retro vibe and it holds your attention til the end.  Lots of crunchy goodness amongst it.

February 7, 2016 9:55 pm

Very nice sounds and a great track!
You create your own krautrock/kraftwerk-space here, well done!

February 8, 2016 5:03 am

You are one of my favorite WB classmates!  Always a fun surprise, and I always imagine that you are grooving to your tracks like your avatar is.

I love how the beat creeps in at the halfway point.  I'm going to call that "beat creep".  Great use of Beat Creep.

February 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Really dig this track!

February 25, 2016 9:52 pm

FYI, weeks later I am still listening to this on repeat.

February 28, 2016 12:48 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Cool kraftwerk sound to it. Nice minimal arrangement.

Minimal haha - I thought it was quite maximalist by my standards - but I think it has sort of minimalist movement in regards to melodic content, more about layered sounds than anything - or something smile

iLKke wrote:

Shame on Bjork for using presets! #bjorkgate

Seriously tho this is some good shizzlang! Getting a strong movie or tv soundtrack vibe here.

Bonus points for surprisingly different songs every week

Nellee Hooper was the producer with that Bjork track - so was more a choice by her lead button pusher at the time - surprisingly that patch has cropped up all over the place since then!

donnyjankowski wrote:

I dig the krautrock vibe, I could listen to this stuff all day!

Thanks man!

Tone Matrix wrote:

Cool track, I dig the ping pong sort of sound that is almost reminiscent of sonar or a blip on the radar smile  The progression was very relaxing in fact.  Nice job!

Yeah soothing effect from endless repetition smile

rdomain wrote:

Very cool track.  Still maintaining a retro vibe and it holds your attention til the end.  Lots of crunchy goodness amongst it.

Thanks!

orangedrink wrote:

You are one of my favorite WB classmates!  Always a fun surprise, and I always imagine that you are grooving to your tracks like your avatar is.

I love how the beat creeps in at the halfway point.  I'm going to call that "beat creep".  Great use of Beat Creep.

Beat creeping sounds good to me - will have to use it more often smile

Ipaghost wrote:

Really dig this track!

Sanks!

orangedrink wrote:

FYI, weeks later I am still listening to this on repeat.

Awesome - thanks! I played this live at a gig this week - has a lot more development in it now smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up