Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Introduct II

By tim koch on February 14, 2016 6:04 am

Have a gig and heaps of other commitments this week so could only do a form of introductory piece - quite abrasive and brash, but this moody chunk of noise was initiated from some random noises generated at work.

Vague melodic elements appear at 1:00 mark approx.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 15, 2016 5:13 am

This really is quite inspirational. Love the general format you present so much interesting sound in. It's like a trans-dimentional portal slowly growing wider and you can see more and more immense beauty of the galaxy on the other side. Keep up the good work!! Hope those gigs went well!

February 15, 2016 6:28 am

!#$@%^#$^!#$%#!@$

I am such a huge fan of your work!  How did you generate these noises?  Were they related to your work?  If you don't mind, I'd love to hear a little bit more about how you made these rhythmic loop and how did you add/remove elements from it with the asymmetrical beat?  Was it all composed in Ableton?

February 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Very cool sounds!

February 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Woah trippy effects in the beginning reminded me of when Nine Inch Nails released teasers for Year Zero.  Nice job! smile

February 17, 2016 1:18 am
Alphaglitch wrote:

This really is quite inspirational. Love the general format you present so much interesting sound in. It's like a trans-dimentional portal slowly growing wider and you can see more and more immense beauty of the galaxy on the other side. Keep up the good work!! Hope those gigs went well!

What an awesome description - definitely had that vibe whilst creating it - i.e. slow reveal of something bigger and more enticing and beautiful on the other side.

orangedrink wrote:

!#$@%^#$^!#$%#!@$

I am such a huge fan of your work!  How did you generate these noises?  Were they related to your work?  If you don't mind, I'd love to hear a little bit more about how you made these rhythmic loop and how did you add/remove elements from it with the asymmetrical beat?  Was it all composed in Ableton?

Rhythmic loop is just a white-noise waveform with an evolving slow vibrato mask on it - and I matched that with all the pitched sounds etc - and all the raw sounds were then assembled in Ableton smile Thanks for the comments!

Ipaghost wrote:

Very cool sounds!

Tanks!

Tone Matrix wrote:

Woah trippy effects in the beginning reminded me of when Nine Inch Nails released teasers for Year Zero.  Nice job! smile

Ah right - never really listening to any NiN - but yeah definitely want to push this track more and develop the feel of it

February 19, 2016 2:14 am

Excellent noisage!

I don't even find it too rough, the sounds are quite textured but never unpleasant. Faved as

February 21, 2016 4:13 am
iLKke wrote:

Excellent noisage!

I don't even find it too rough, the sounds are quite textured but never unpleasant. Faved as

Thanks! I think the technical term is 'old ship creaking wood Autechre variant'

February 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Not that rough to my ears. Excellent sound design, you inspired me to look at my Ableton in a new direction smile

February 28, 2016 12:37 pm
laguna wrote:

Not that rough to my ears. Excellent sound design, you inspired me to look at my Ableton in a new direction smile

Awesome - yeah I have begun to approach my clumsy / crashy un-updated Ableton 8.x version in a whole new light - abandoning tempo and grid as much as I can smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up