Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Baasdrop

By thricefoldedcloak on February 21, 2016 8:02 pm

I worked on this a lot. I wasn't really sure where to go with it after the first drop section as it got into pretty unfamiliar territory for me. I hope you guys like it!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 22, 2016 8:57 am

Wow that's deep.  Things in my studio are vibrating in ways they shouldn't :-P  Wow - nice drop; wasn't expecting that.  Yeah dude - this stuff is well produced - did enjoy!

February 22, 2016 5:02 pm

February 22, 2016 6:39 pm
cTrix wrote:

Wow that's deep.  Things in my studio are vibrating in ways they shouldn't :-P  Wow - nice drop; wasn't expecting that.  Yeah dude - this stuff is well produced - did enjoy!

Thanks man! I think it has some weaknesses to me personally like not a change of rhythm and some incomplete sections/ideas. I don't really think this is up to my own personal standard but maybe I'm just burned out on it. How do you keep from getting burned out on your own mixes? I am kinda new so maybe I just have a longer workflow.

Ipaghost wrote:

PUSH THE BUTTON!!!

February 22, 2016 10:49 pm
thricefoldedcloak wrote:

maybe I'm just burned out on it. How do you keep from getting burned out on your own mixes?

That's the million dollar question. Sometimes you have to give your ears and your mind a rest. Maybe walk away from musicmaking for a couple of hours.

I ideally master the next morning. You discover hidden details and make better decisions

February 22, 2016 11:44 pm
laguna wrote:
thricefoldedcloak wrote:

maybe I'm just burned out on it. How do you keep from getting burned out on your own mixes?

That's the million dollar question. Sometimes you have to give your ears and your mind a rest. Maybe walk away from musicmaking for a couple of hours.

I ideally master the next morning. You discover hidden details and make better decisions

Good advice. I am going to start tonight and give my head more space.

February 22, 2016 11:59 pm
cTrix wrote:

Wow that's deep.  Things in my studio are vibrating in ways they shouldn't :-P  Wow - nice drop; wasn't expecting that.  Yeah dude - this stuff is well produced - did enjoy!

About the vibrations I just noticed that as well in my car. I think a sub pattern got double layered near the beginning sad wish I could replace this file with a couple things fixed.

February 23, 2016 3:23 am

when dat baas drop, you will KNOW

February 23, 2016 4:56 am
XC3N wrote:

when dat baas drop, you will KNOW

all about that baas, bout that baas big_smile

March 7, 2016 5:45 pm

That's the burner! Everything fits.
Evil and sweet at once. Great!!

March 8, 2016 12:35 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

That's the burner! Everything fits.
Evil and sweet at once. Great!!

Thanks man! I hope to have a track this week and keep doing it.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up