It's hard to get stereo out of my modular rig, but this week I went for it. I started with a bouncing ball type modulation patch from Make Noise Maths and built from there. Not a ton of performance, but the patch itself is generating a lot of variation here. As usual, just some compression and reverb have been added in the box.
I won't post detailed patch notes with into all the details because there's a lot of cross modulation, but the bouncing ball pattern is going into a clock divider and set of logic stuff. That logic stuff and divider are triggering various envelopes and a couple Turing machines which are driving most of the variation, and in turn varying the bouncing ball effect itself. The sound source for bass drone is actually a wave folded version of the Maths sum out, with audio rate modulation of the fold and offset parameters. That's getting filtered down a bit for the drone you hear. The "bouncing" sound is Telharmonic, with the H output going to one side, and the P output going to the other. Telharmonic is getting frequency modulated from a bandpass filtered version of the drone, and you get some variation in the bounce sound as the tonality of the modulation changes with the filter frequency. The "sqeaks" are two channels from the 4MS SMR, spread to opposite sides of the scale ring. They're getting some rising and falling feeling from various sources in the modulation core and pitches from a random source. Again, there's a stereo split, with each side of the scale going through a separate delay with different times.
This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved