Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Riding High

By theGuen on December 4, 2016 11:13 pm

For this one I have a little story
Imagine you're walking to the subway station smoking some weed
You pass the akkordeon player who sits there every time totally ignoring the weather
You put on your walkman and your music mixes up with the sounds from the environment.
Than there is this moment where you have some really strange ideas.
Your ideas, the environment and the music are mixing up in your head
And then your journey begins.

Have a nice week!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
December 5, 2016 1:13 am

I do think it's interesting how environmental sounds can mix in with music in cool ways.  Every now and then I'll get some background noise in recordings like the washing machine running or something and I will try to integrate it.  Cool beat on this one, too! 

December 5, 2016 5:49 pm

Ha ha, I get this a lot with ice cream vans music!!! I don't produce too loudly and the van music comes through at just the rght volume to confuse. When I hit stop the full Greensleeves comes through loud and clear!!!!

Anyway, solid beat!!! Love the bits of scratching too.

I know I keep going on about it but get some mc's mate. Seriously this stuff is begging for a vocal - even grab a big name accapela and send them the result.

If you're knocking beats like these out on weekly basis your a fucking goldmine!!!! Please let me know if you have any further plans for tracks you have been posting as I would like to point a small label that I'm signed to in your direction if you're just 'shelving' them.

December 5, 2016 7:15 pm

Tolles Kopfkino am Start. Großartiger Beat. Gegen Ende des Tracks wird es zunehmend orientalisch. Um so beklemmender wird die Atmo. Da bleibe ich lieber daheim.

December 5, 2016 9:33 pm

I only wish I was able to come up with stuff this engaging (no false modesty). Faved & saved!

December 6, 2016 4:34 am

So good, love the scratching and the tablas that come in, those were unexpected but a great addition, agree with GrainBastard these beats are great on their own but would be a treasure for the right MC

December 6, 2016 10:14 am

Indeed, Great stuff again!
And yeah, it would work well with an mc, though i like instrumental hiphop better, tbh. I often find the mc getting in the way of the music smile Probably my youthful adoration for Mo'wax has smth to do with that smile
But indeed, very solid stuff again, your music really draws me in every time. Kudos!

December 11, 2016 11:13 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

I do think it's interesting how environmental sounds can mix in with music in cool ways.  Every now and then I'll get some background noise in recordings like the washing machine running or something and I will try to integrate it.  Cool beat on this one, too!

GrainBastard wrote:

Ha ha, I get this a lot with ice cream vans music!!! I don't produce too loudly and the van music comes through at just the rght volume to confuse. When I hit stop the full Greensleeves comes through loud and clear!!!!

Anyway, solid beat!!! Love the bits of scratching too.

I know I keep going on about it but get some mc's mate. Seriously this stuff is begging for a vocal - even grab a big name accapela and send them the result.

If you're knocking beats like these out on weekly basis your a fucking goldmine!!!! Please let me know if you have any further plans for tracks you have been posting as I would like to point a small label that I'm signed to in your direction if you're just 'shelving' them.

Q-Rosh wrote:

Tolles Kopfkino am Start. Großartiger Beat. Gegen Ende des Tracks wird es zunehmend orientalisch. Um so beklemmender wird die Atmo. Da bleibe ich lieber daheim.


Oh, das ist interessant ich selbst hatte das gar nicht als beklemmend empfunden...

Jim Wood wrote:

I only wish I was able to come up with stuff this engaging (no false modesty). Faved & saved!

Jason Nijjer wrote:

So good, love the scratching and the tablas that come in, those were unexpected but a great addition, agree with GrainBastard these beats are great on their own but would be a treasure for the right MC

dj someguy wrote:

Indeed, Great stuff again!
And yeah, it would work well with an mc, though i like instrumental hiphop better, tbh. I often find the mc getting in the way of the music smile Probably my youthful adoration for Mo'wax has smth to do with that smile
But indeed, very solid stuff again, your music really draws me in every time. Kudos!


Wow, these comments are so great! Big big thanks to all of you!

January 4, 2017 11:05 pm

your story is basically how i get inspired for all my beats, but there are mostly saxophone players on the streets of San Francisco hah. I really want to ask proper permission one day though and get them more involved in some my beats.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up