You know sometimes progress requires sacrifice. I've decided to take a slightly different approach to the tracks for this weeklybeats season. My goal of producing a song completely in an hour is still going to remain the same but I'm going to err on the side of quality when I can instead of keeping a strict approach to the time limit. I'm going to be striving to hit that one hour mark but if the composition requires a set of operations to be fully expressed then I would rather the song sound good than cut the time short.
So this week I did go over my time limit obviously! I spent way too long recording my guitar samples at 30 minutes. If not for that I might have come close to hitting the hour deadline. 20 minutes on drums and accompaniment as well as cropping and resampling my loops. 10 minutes recording structure. This is where I had my mini crisis because I could have just exported but instead I chose to spend another 30 minutes bouncing down the sidechain, mixing my parts, give it some proper fades and doing a master.
In the future I hope to slim the process down further with the experience I have gained from this and eventually produce the same quality in less time. We'll see how close I can get.
This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved