Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / scottux's music / Seeing Rain for the First Time

Seeing Rain for the First Time

By scottux on January 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Equipment: Teenage Engineering OP-1
Before composing: I had no idea what I wanted going in, other than that I wanted something that would fill my ears with boops.
After completing: Boops were accomplished. I ended up running out of time (travelling at the moment) so there's only one phrase over and over, but I'd like to revisit this song later to flesh out the whole song, because the chorus (the only phrase you hear) is so big and powerful at full blast, and I think with some dynamics and counterphrases, this could be really enjoyable.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

January 25, 2016 1:53 am

I'm sure that's how rain sounds in synth planet smile You made another sweet gem with that little white machine smile

January 25, 2016 3:06 am

Makes me feel like playing Minecraft, nice!

January 26, 2016 1:40 am
laguna wrote:

I imagined a whole synth planet after reading your comment. Might make it's way into a future submission big_smile

NekoTheory wrote:

Makes me feel like playing Minecraft, nice!

Thanks! I hadn't noticed the similarity to that instrument C418 uses in that one song until you mentioned it, and I'm glad to be counted in his company in any way big_smile

January 26, 2016 9:21 am

Cool melodies!

January 26, 2016 9:57 pm

January 27, 2016 2:21 am
thricefoldedcloak wrote:

Cool melodies!

Thanks! I wish I could have fleshed this out more before posting, the hook was very enjoyable big_smile

Ipaghost wrote:

big_smile

January 28, 2016 7:39 am

man i want an op1

February 1, 2016 8:20 am

some neat space exploration going on, made me soar around