Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / sbthree's music / Unfortunately, I fear our friendship is not meant to be

Unfortunately, I fear our friendship is not meant to be

By sbthree on January 10, 2016 9:21 pm

This song is about a cat at the SPCA near my house. Her name is Nutmeg, and she does not have a tail. I unfortunately am currently unable to adopt her. Here is a picture of nutmeg:

This song was written using a Omnichord and reverb pedal. My Omnichord is in very poor condition, and malfunctions quite frequently. The first snippet of this song is due to a malfunction, but I left it because I thought it may be interesting to hear.  Here is a picture of the Omnichord and reverb pedal:

January 11, 2016 12:27 am

I'm really glad you included the inspiration for this song, it's a really beautiful bittersweet lamentation.

January 11, 2016 12:34 am

What a beautiful cat. Really lovely piece, too.

January 11, 2016 3:54 am

omfg, love this. Super glad you left the intro bit. I've only ever seen a few people an omni- or q- chord and they weren't very good at working it, so hearing you use it here actually makes me want one again. Fab.

January 11, 2016 5:17 am

Can't stop smiling... what a fun instrument!

January 11, 2016 5:26 am

god damn I love the omnichord. really nice track, love the bossa vibe.

January 11, 2016 5:28 am

also nutmeg is adorable, I hope she finds a home sad

January 11, 2016 6:43 am

The tune is really beautiful and delicate, and the beguine feeling gives it some playful optimistic vibe. Glad to hear a real Omni here... If you were in Spain, I could probably fix it for you.

Nutmeg is the cuttest thing ever smile She has no tail, like my cat. I hope she finds a loving home soon.

January 11, 2016 11:39 pm

Sweet song! Feels like it could be shop music in a Zelda game. The omnichord reminds me of this song from Adventure Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBm6nemYcNA

January 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Wow, man!

January 17, 2016 2:39 am
bebopchalk wrote:

Feels like it could be shop music in a Zelda game.

Definitely