Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / roboctopus's music / Hovering for the Hopeless

Hovering for the Hopeless

By roboctopus on January 24, 2016 4:37 pm

I meant to write an 80s sounding tune this week but it turned into this somehow.

Two Gameboys, guitar, Juno 60, samples from public domain sci-fi movies from the 60s.

It seemed like setting it to a sci-fi movie clip would be fun, so I did that too.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

January 25, 2016 12:14 am

lushhhh

January 25, 2016 12:23 am

2spooky. Diggin it! I like the repetitive beeping.

January 25, 2016 12:56 am

Hoooooo, this is sweet

January 25, 2016 1:31 am

Really rich sound, and like the video smile

January 25, 2016 1:42 am

Gahhh this is so lush. Excellent work, man. That repetitive beeping really ties the arrangement together too, honestly.

January 25, 2016 6:23 am

Cruiissiiiin' in space wink Really like the progression / mood

January 25, 2016 8:55 am

and it was truly, a space jam

January 25, 2016 11:43 am

new level of chiptuning) very chilling

January 25, 2016 12:56 pm

Great tune man!

Congrats!

January 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Love this, great

January 25, 2016 8:36 pm

January 25, 2016 9:16 pm

outer spaec yikes yikes yikes
lovely full composition

January 26, 2016 3:14 am

Beautifull space !
Goodness the lump
Great music and sampling !

January 26, 2016 11:38 am

Awesome composition and great sounds. Fantastic job my friend!

January 26, 2016 7:56 pm

yasssss

January 26, 2016 8:43 pm

This seems like a natural progression for your sound. I hope you find a way to incorporate the synths into your live show. Also, old sci-fi clips ++

January 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Oooooh--great melody and chord progression combination, particularly in the last third.  And like others are saying here, this might be as lush as chip music gets.  Beautiful stuff!

January 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Brackleforth wrote:

outer spaec yikes yikes yikes
lovely full composition

zyuuziro wrote:

Beautifull space !
Goodness the lump
Great music and sampling !

Martiln wrote:

Awesome composition and great sounds. Fantastic job my friend!

scottux wrote:

yasssss

Thanks guys!

Laohu wrote:

I'd have to get a new synth to play live. The Juno 60 is big and heavy. Also, I'm not keen on gigging with a 30+ year old analog synth XD

Sam&Janx wrote:

2spooky. Diggin it! I like the repetitive beeping.

Beeping 5ever!

January 29, 2016 9:10 pm

this is cool stuff.

January 31, 2016 5:25 am

really really unique sound on this one. love the build, and such gorgeous chords. loving the video clip you've paired it with too, reminds me a bit of that starscream video from a while back.

January 31, 2016 11:36 pm

Heard a most beautiful chiptune song. Looked up at the computer and of course it's Roboctopus. Sounds and a arrangement... love it!

February 1, 2016 11:22 pm

Your chippy stuff always has a pop flavour, maybe because of your more acoustic background. I mean it in the best way possible. It feels less loop-based and more musical. Lots of of storytelling and evocative moments.

Simply beautiful smile

March 2, 2016 5:49 pm
roboctopus wrote:
Laohu wrote:

Perhaps the Roland Boutique JU-06 could satisfy those requirements? You could control with a midi keyboard or an arduinoboy.

March 3, 2016 1:29 am
Laohu wrote:
roboctopus wrote:
Laohu wrote:

Just today I was watching videos of the Korg Minilogue and it weirdly seems to be a kindred spirit to the Juno. Similarities in the interface and it seems capable of making similar sounds.

March 3, 2016 6:54 pm
roboctopus wrote:
Laohu wrote:
roboctopus wrote:
Laohu wrote:

Well, that idea has my full support.