Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / Threefold Refuge (The Pain of Loss)

Threefold Refuge (The Pain of Loss)

By rdomain on January 17, 2016 6:11 am

In memory of John Lim.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
January 18, 2016 3:09 am

unique mix of atmospheres in this, keeps the ears attentive

January 18, 2016 6:06 am

Very nice moods. Reminds me of the days when I used to listen to cold meat industries albums all the time. I dig it.

January 18, 2016 12:13 pm

You never cease to impress me. Such a powerful track, that consonance towards the end really caught me by surprise. All the best.

January 18, 2016 1:19 pm

The track moves across different territories until a really surprising end. Touching

Wish you the best, Richard.

January 18, 2016 10:39 pm

Ok you should be scoring movies. There's so many influences where I don't know where to begin. This piece dwells on multiples emotions and teases you all the way till the end. Jah bless jah bless

January 19, 2016 8:56 am

wonderful textures and morphing of sounds

January 24, 2016 5:20 am
tsrono wrote:

unique mix of atmospheres in this, keeps the ears attentive


Thanks mate!

hypnogram wrote:

Very nice moods. Reminds me of the days when I used to listen to cold meat industries albums all the time. I dig it.


I remember the CMI days.  Some real gems amongst them!  Cheers.

Lyons wrote:

You never cease to impress me. Such a powerful track, that consonance towards the end really caught me by surprise. All the best.

laguna wrote:

The track moves across different territories until a really surprising end. Touching

Wish you the best, Richard.

Thanks heaps guys.  Really appreciated!  I'll get round to listening to some tracks soon!

Mr Mort wrote:

Ok you should be scoring movies. There's so many influences where I don't know where to begin. This piece dwells on multiples emotions and teases you all the way till the end. Jah bless jah bless


Thanks!  And well, I do score for movies actually.  Mostly short films.  I think I did 8 short films/docos last year and was nominated for Best Composer for the South Australian Screen Awards at the beginning of 2015 so I was pretty happy with that.  A few films I worked on are part of a film festival in a couple of week too!

little-scale wrote:

wonderful textures and morphing of sounds


Thanks for listening Seb.  Glad you enjoyed it!

January 24, 2016 9:10 pm

This track really takes me along for an intense emotional ride, wonderfully structured and composed.
All the best to you.

January 25, 2016 1:42 pm
Plantrain wrote:

This track really takes me along for an intense emotional ride, wonderfully structured and composed.
All the best to you.


Thanks mate. Appreciated.

January 26, 2016 5:33 pm

where can i see some of these films?

January 31, 2016 2:08 am

You'll find some of them at aritchie.com

I'd recommend Iron Child.  Search it on youtube even  smile

Mr Mort wrote:

where can i see some of these films?


February 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Can't believe I missed this post. Really impressive!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up