Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / The Ocean of Static Ghosts

The Ocean of Static Ghosts

By rdomain on January 7, 2016 12:02 pm

Modular synth and field recording piece.  Zero edits.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

January 11, 2016 12:07 am

Man I missed the modular. Love the water/electro soundscape, what are you aiming to do/experiment with in wb16?

January 11, 2016 12:12 am

Oh yessssss...

January 11, 2016 2:30 am

is good yes

January 11, 2016 4:39 am

really cool track with a really great title. I gotta dabble more with ambient/soundscape stuff in the future.
excellent use of synth in a way that sits well in the mix and doesn't distract or clash with the recorded sounds. got some really interesting sounds out of that thing.
what synth model are you using by the way?

January 11, 2016 7:56 am

Excellent blend of field recording and synth, love this.

January 11, 2016 8:40 am

Great name for a great atmosphere. I'm impressed how you managed to keep the mix so open and clean when dealing with such sounds.

Would be nice to see a picture of your patch.

January 11, 2016 6:04 pm

Stunning!

January 12, 2016 2:58 am

excellent concept.  surreal for sure

January 12, 2016 7:47 am

This is awesome.

January 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Very good. Really good production.

January 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Great sense of energy and power with this piece!  Great modular sounds.

January 13, 2016 5:57 am

Always enjoy these tracks, meditative and relaxing, yet always the chance it may trigger a nightmare

January 15, 2016 2:43 am

I have been following your explorations on you tube. Nice to see you here! First time on weekly beats for me. Love the track.

January 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Niiiiice! big_smile

January 16, 2016 8:12 pm

mmmm this is so lush man, bravo!

January 17, 2016 2:29 am

love the dark ambiance

January 17, 2016 5:23 am
Lyons wrote:

NickC wrote:

love the dark ambiance

idevourstatic wrote:

mmmm this is so lush man, bravo!

Podling wrote:

Niiiiice! big_smile

Kohlhofer wrote:

Jason Nijjer wrote:

onezero wrote:

Great sense of energy and power with this piece!  Great modular sounds.

GrainBastard wrote:

Very good. Really good production.

Nimble Cipher wrote:

This is awesome.

spry wrote:

excellent concept.  surreal for sure

spry wrote:

excellent concept.  surreal for sure

Diagamblic wrote:

Stunning!

laguna wrote:

Would be nice to see a picture of your patch.

Plantrain wrote:

Excellent blend of field recording and synth, love this.

Parallelis wrote:

what synth model are you using by the way?

george bowles wrote:

is good yes

Jim Wood wrote:

Oh yessssss...

Thank you so much for all the feedback.  Very much appreciated.  I'll be sure to reply to questions etc but there was a death in the family the day before the track went live.  The funeral is tomorrow so later this week, I'll try get some more listens and replies in.  Cheers, Ritchie.

January 17, 2016 3:49 pm

spooked me good

January 17, 2016 11:17 pm
rdomain wrote:

Really sorry to hear that, Richard. Wish you the best

January 22, 2016 10:43 pm

yeah i like this.

January 24, 2016 4:57 am
Lyons wrote:

Thanks mate.  I miss the modular if I don't use it for a few days even!  haha.  There'll be a lot of modular work I'm sure this year but with a blend of other material.  WB is usually what I'm currently experimenting with or a project I'm working on so a similar format to last year really.  You?

January 24, 2016 4:58 am
Parallelis wrote:

what synth model are you using by the way?

This track is all modular synth.  I'll try post a picture of it soon!

January 24, 2016 4:59 am
Kohlhofer wrote:

Cheers man and good luck with the weekly beats!

January 24, 2016 5:12 am
laguna wrote:

Would be nice to see a picture of your patch.

big_smile   (oh, and it's Ritchie, not Richard.  Close!  wink  Thanks man.  Appreciated.)

January 24, 2016 7:04 am