Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Pselodux's music / Improvising with small machines #4

Improvising with small machines #4

By Pselodux on May 1, 2016 1:14 pm

Being a bit lazy, but hey I jammed this out this week so it counts.

May 2, 2016 8:05 am

Nice - a very similar set up to my track this week (I also did a video!! smile ) - wish I could embedd mine.

Anyway, great bit of live techno. Well done.

May 2, 2016 2:54 pm

Dat hum at the start...!!!  Is the OP one just as a standalone synth in this - hows it syncing?  Love the live vibe of this big_smile

May 2, 2016 11:02 pm
cTrix wrote:

Yeah it's unsynced; it stays in tempo fairly well in this track with nanoloop set to 139bpm and the op-1 set to 139.7 .. it takes about 5 minutes to slightly go out of sync. Fortunately the op-1's looper has a feature where you can momentarily speed/slow the tape to get things back in sync so I may need to do that when I take it live big_smile

Also, haha that hum at the start is probably just from the gopro's camera.. My style lately has been to use the internal mic at the beginning of the video until the music kicks in. That said, between the micro and the patchblock there is quite a lot of background noise!

May 15, 2016 5:41 am

Momentarily speed/slow the tape.... man the OP-1 spot on with that feature.

May 15, 2016 7:48 am
cTrix wrote:

Momentarily speed/slow the tape.... man the OP-1 spot on with that feature.

The new (leaked beta) op-1 OS actually has pocket operator sync! Having said that, I'm working on a raspberry pi based solution that can sync everything together..

May 16, 2016 4:40 am

I don't care how small the machines are, that kick feels huge. And the synth really expands in the second third, fills out the track well.