Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / orangedrink's music / What Happened To Me?

What Happened To Me?

By orangedrink on September 11, 2016 10:23 pm

I remember one day, when I was young, after depression had taken a strong hold on my life, I was crying and my mother said to me, incredulously, "What happened to you?  You used to be such a happy-go-lucky kid."

The OP-1 has an FM radio feature and I accidentally got this capture from a radio station.  I have no idea what it was originally from.  I composed and arranged the entire piece on the OP-1.  The arrangement is a live performance of muting channels and adding effects.  I reduced the bass in post-production, hopefully it doesn't kill your subwoofer.  This is a really introspective and sad piece for me.  Someone trying to answer the question:

"What happened to me?"

September 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Simultaneously sad and, interestingly, upbeat. Question/answer?

September 12, 2016 9:27 pm

September 13, 2016 2:42 am

Cool source material and a nice chilled out result.  Sounds introspective to me.

September 19, 2016 8:38 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Simultaneously sad and, interestingly, upbeat. Question/answer?

Yeah, there is some emotional ambiguity.  Glad you heard it!

Ipaghost wrote:

@_@

CosmicCairns wrote:

Thanks for listening!  Glad you enjoyed it.

September 27, 2016 5:34 pm

You communicate so much in your music. I can listen to your WB list with no skips and get a feel for each of the tracks.

September 27, 2016 7:41 pm
mechlo wrote:

October 3, 2016 5:23 pm

Great piece
Music isn´t only audible smile