Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Sly Deal

By orangedrink on March 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Been working on this track for about 5 years?!?!?!  Going to put it on an album, and finally finished it, thanks to the WB mentality!


I have an infinite delay loop thing going, and each octave hit of the synth multiplies the delay, creating a different tone each time.  That's probably only exciting to me and other music nerds.  But that's my target audience!  I'm available for constructive criticism, as always.


I really hope to shoot a music video for this one day.


The opening sound is you being distracted by a disturbing image far in the distance, while operating a motor vehicle.  And then you crash.  They're all conspiring against you.  You had no idea.  It's a sly deal.


{The opening sound is also from the last sound of my previous album.  This will be the first song of the next album, continuing the storyline on a different thread.}

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
March 28, 2016 3:04 am

Love the bass line! smile. I love the beat change ups too.

March 28, 2016 6:59 am

Those drum variations are sick! Awesome track, groovin' along the whole time! big_smile

March 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Ouu yeah, that bassline!

Yo yo guys, put your hands up up up up come on come on come on! heart

March 28, 2016 6:14 pm

I really like the bass line the first time the beat drops out (not to mention when it returns later), but the whole track is super dope.

March 28, 2016 10:41 pm

the dopest!

March 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Yeah! Head bobbing here. Nice sounds. Like the story.

March 28, 2016 11:26 pm
Diagamblic wrote:

Love the bass line! smile. I love the beat change ups too.

Martiln wrote:

Those drum variations are sick! Awesome track, groovin' along the whole time! big_smile

Naikymusic wrote:

Ouu yeah, that bassline!

Yo yo guys, put your hands up up up up come on come on come on! <3

CosmicCairns wrote:

I really like the bass line the first time the beat drops out (not to mention when it returns later), but the whole track is super dope.

thricefoldedcloak wrote:

the dopest!

miraclemiles wrote:

Yeah! Head bobbing here. Nice sounds. Like the story.

Thank you all!!!  Feeling relieved to get some kind words on this - I've been overly obsessing for years!  WE DID IT!

March 29, 2016 4:12 pm

March 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Absolutely massive kick.  That long delay sound is a great, disorienting sonic hook. Very cool--looking forward to hearing more.

March 30, 2016 9:36 pm

beats sound great! i think if you could do an envelope on the main effect and make it ebb and flow more, even cutting out for a bit it would sound even more rad!

March 31, 2016 6:02 am

Damn.

April 7, 2016 9:14 pm

I love all of the textures you have here. Subtle and ominous.

May 20, 2016 6:41 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

onezero wrote:

Absolutely massive kick.  That long delay sound is a great, disorienting sonic hook. Very cool--looking forward to hearing more.

Glad you liked the disorientation and the kick!

george bowles wrote:

beats sound great! i think if you could do an envelope on the main effect and make it ebb and flow more, even cutting out for a bit it would sound even more rad!

Great ideas for the sounds.  Glad you liked the beats!

sylcmyk wrote:

Damn.

Yup.

mechlo wrote:

I love all of the textures you have here. Subtle and ominous.

Exactly what I was going for, thank you!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up