Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / orangedrink's music / Looking For Something I Already Have

Looking For Something I Already Have

By orangedrink on August 14, 2016 9:30 pm

I have no idea what is going on.  I made this song in 2 hours and I don't even remember what the chords are and I retuned the guitar and I might be actually going crazy.  I am happy and angry and sad and excited and tired and energized and confused and determined and serene and insane and flustered and certain and I can see the future and the past and I am living in the present moment.  This is probably the best and worst song I've ever written at the same time.  Maybe I'll rewrite actual lyrics one day, maybe I'll do a better mix, maybe it's perfect the way it is.

3 vocal tracks, acoustic guitar, electric bass, drums from Rhythm Pocket Operator PO-12, ride cymbal from Ableton

August 15, 2016 12:20 am

Pretty sweet melody!

August 15, 2016 2:12 am

It's pretty close to perfect the way it is.

August 15, 2016 9:28 am

Excellent, stay clueless

August 15, 2016 11:09 pm
Edmund Snyder wrote:

It's pretty close to perfect the way it is.

Robroy wrote:

Excellent, stay clueless

Amen to that! Wonderful song, wonderful singing

August 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Have you considered doing Grunge?

August 17, 2016 1:28 am

Great song and love the effect on your voice.  Sounds like a hit to me.

August 17, 2016 3:54 am

August 17, 2016 2:55 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Wow! Lyrics and vocals are in Nirvana territory, with a radically different (but excellent) backing. Faved for sure/[/quote
Absolutely my feelings, too. Very close to Kurts unplugged performance. Great song. Like it a lot.

August 18, 2016 12:18 am

Love the vocal, nice work!

August 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Vocal is literally on point, the music is excellent,

August 18, 2016 3:47 pm

This is great!  Definite Nirvana influences, but it really works.

Robroy wrote:

Excellent, stay clueless

Comment of the week!

August 19, 2016 8:40 am

This song is just perfect.
I expected to hear a bit more of the pocket operators in the song... but no you're catching the electronic beat in the beginning with these scratching sounds at the end. Nice! Leave it as it is.

cheers,
Gunnar

August 21, 2016 11:09 pm

Very pretty vocal layering and chord change / progression. Nice bass tone too.  Well done!

August 22, 2016 8:26 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

Pretty sweet melody!

That hamster was on beat with the song for a while.  Nice!

Edmund Snyder wrote:

It's pretty close to perfect the way it is.

Thank you so much.  I'm going to touch up some vocals, but leave most as is.

Robroy wrote:

Excellent, stay clueless

ME IRL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

laguna wrote:

Amen to that! Wonderful song, wonderful singing

Too kind, thanks!

Devieus wrote:

Have you considered doing Grunge?

I kinda did as a kid, will have to try a grunge track for a future WB!  A bunch of people below made some Nirvana comparisons!  Who knew?

CosmicCairns wrote:

Great song and love the effect on your voice.  Sounds like a hit to me.

Thanks!  I was subconsciously channeling your vocals FX!

Jim Wood wrote:

Q-Rosh wrote:
Jim Wood wrote:

Wow, I didn't hear it, but Kurt definitely would sing the word "AL-WAY-HAYS" the way I did.  Interesting!  ...and you're telling me it's a good thing!

miraclemiles wrote:

Love the vocal, nice work!

TY!

Aday wrote:

Vocal is literally on point, the music is excellent,

mysterioso wrote:

This is great!  Definite Nirvana influences, but it really works.

Robroy wrote:

Excellent, stay clueless

Comment of the week!

theGuen wrote:

This song is just perfect.

cheers,
Gunnar

NWSPR wrote:

Thanks all, I didn't expect to get Nirvana comparisons, but that is really neat!  Nirvana was obviously an incredible band and Kurt Cobain a real special talent that we lost all too soon.  I'm going to touch up a few of my vocal misfires, but I'm really happy with the music and the mixing.  Very flattered.

August 22, 2016 8:27 pm

SORRY Q-ROSH TOTALLY MESSED UP THE FORMATTING, Q-ROSH, YOU HAD ONE JOB!  ;-) jk

Q-Rosh wrote:
Jim Wood wrote:

miraclemiles wrote:

Love the vocal, nice work!

TY!

Aday wrote:

Vocal is literally on point, the music is excellent,

mysterioso wrote:

This is great!  Definite Nirvana influences, but it really works.

Robroy wrote:

Excellent, stay clueless

Comment of the week!

theGuen wrote:

This song is just perfect.

cheers,
Gunnar

NWSPR wrote:

August 23, 2016 7:29 am
orangedrink wrote:

Devieus wrote:

Have you considered doing Grunge?

That's exactly what I was aiming for. It definitely sounds similar to Kurt's work, maybe you can go full Monty on it.

August 24, 2016 1:27 am

Another goody! Rockin!

August 31, 2016 2:17 pm

Man.. Lovely!
Great Lyrics. Excellent build up

September 19, 2016 9:10 pm
Devieus wrote:

I started a grunge track last week inspired by your comments - maybe I'll finish it for next week!!!!!

Podling wrote:

Another goody! Rockin!

Great pic!  Thanks!!!

m2K7 wrote:

Man.. Lovely!
Great Lyrics. Excellent build up

Really?  I thought the lyrics were too boring/repetitive/ambiguous.  I was going to release it next week but was seriously considering re-writing vocals.  Thoughts?