Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / orangedrink's music / (improvised guitar loop II)

(improvised guitar loop II)

By orangedrink on July 24, 2016 10:23 pm

I'm a little tired, sad, lonely, depressed.  Picked up the baritone guitar (it's a 6 string guitar tuned B,E,A,D,F#,B) and hooked it up to my Line 6 DL4 delay/looper pedal.  I came up with this tune and performed the whole thing in one take.  This was my first time recording audio in Reason.  I do all my mastering in Reason, using the MClass Maximizer, so it was great to be able to add that in directly to the session.  I also used the Cassette Tape setting on Reason's Audiomatic Retro Transformer sound design tool.  I used an Shure SM7B microphone on my Fender Sidekick 15 amplifier.  The fade out at the end is me physically picking up the microphone stand and walking away from the amp.

July 25, 2016 1:24 am

sounds nice.. very ominous smile

July 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Very sensitively and thoughtfully

July 25, 2016 6:41 pm

July 26, 2016 9:36 am

Picking up phisically and walking away? is that kind of automation 32 or 64 bits? wink

Just kiddin', man. Hope you're doing better these days. You did a great job on this one

July 26, 2016 10:39 am

Sounds great, very meditative

July 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Excellent, moving ostinatos...with strikingly pensive emotions!  Totally dug this, and would love to hear this in an arrangement with just-milliseconds-behind-the-beat drumming.  (That's just me--it'd totally nail that 90s-kid indie rock sweet spot.)

Sorry to hear about the mood.  It happens to us all, and will pass.  You've channeled the hell out of it right here, though.  Excellent work.

July 29, 2016 9:50 pm

It does sound great, especially for being done in one take.  Hope you feel better soon!

July 31, 2016 11:02 pm

nice

August 9, 2016 1:03 pm

Very nice piece, love that it was all one take and that you did the fadeout by taking the microphone away. Genius.

August 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Awesome mellow piece of music. Great recording in one take.
It took me back to a very lowfi-track I did 2014 on WB: http://weeklybeats.com/#/q-rosh/music/next