Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / orangedrink's music / HAVNTED, IN THE SENSE OF

HAVNTED, IN THE SENSE OF

By orangedrink on February 21, 2016 10:07 pm

No real agenda here, I just took the OP-1 to bed and wrote this piece!  I had a great evening and was really happy to end the day with writing a track, all cuddled up in bed.  Tried to let go of time and rhythm and keep things loose.  The wind sound is the sound of a chainsaw through tons of reverb.  The triplet thing really reminds me of Disasterpeace's work on FEZ.

What I learned:
- Having fun and being relaxed is really important!

Things to do next time:
- Finish the track on Friday night!

February 22, 2016 1:01 am

Thanks for transferring the atmosphere by proxy! This was fun and relaxing to listen to.

February 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Cool mellow track with a certain unsettling tension on it... Guess we could call it "owpee cuddle music" smile

February 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Really like this one, great atmosphere with some really nice sounds going on. Awesome track!

February 23, 2016 6:01 am

ooo nice, these wobbly chords are so great. agreed w/ laguna about the unsettling tension too, such strong underlying feeling.

February 23, 2016 1:20 pm

the layering of the different chords generates these very vague and interesting harmonies... nicely done!

February 24, 2016 2:24 am

I love wobbly. So close to seasick.

February 25, 2016 5:34 am

whoooaaaa this is really musically interesting! Awesome. Thanks.

February 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Really nice synth textures

March 1, 2016 12:23 am

OMG, THE INTRO! heart

Good job, I enjoy the songs like this

Keep it up!

March 2, 2016 5:33 am

The OP-1 sounds awesome.  So warm!  The opening pad kinda reminded me of some of Moby's older ambient tracks.  That spooky arp that comes in during the middle adds a nice touch too.  Really cool track,  nice job!

March 23, 2016 6:23 am
mechlo wrote:

laguna wrote:

Martiln wrote:

Parallelis wrote:

colorful grey wrote:

Jim Wood wrote:

I love wobbly. So close to seasick.

exileFaker wrote:

whoooaaaa this is really musically interesting! Awesome. Thanks.

george bowles wrote:

Really nice synth textures

Naikymusic wrote:

OMG, THE INTRO! <3

Good job, I enjoy the songs like this

Keep it up!

Tone Matrix wrote:

You all have no idea (or maybe you do) how heartwarming it is to hear that people take away the feelings and the themes and ideas that I poured into the piece.  It wasn't easy to keep things "loose" as I tend to obsess and overdo it (I know, right?) but this is the greatest thing that I'm learning from WB - Great things can happen if I get out of the way of myself.