Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / orangedrink's music / HAVNTED, IN THE SENSE OF

HAVNTED, IN THE SENSE OF

By orangedrink on February 21, 2016 10:07 pm

No real agenda here, I just took the OP-1 to bed and wrote this piece!  I had a great evening and was really happy to end the day with writing a track, all cuddled up in bed.  Tried to let go of time and rhythm and keep things loose.  The wind sound is the sound of a chainsaw through tons of reverb.  The triplet thing really reminds me of Disasterpeace's work on FEZ.

What I learned:
- Having fun and being relaxed is really important!

Things to do next time:
- Finish the track on Friday night!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
February 22, 2016 1:01 am

Thanks for transferring the atmosphere by proxy! This was fun and relaxing to listen to.

February 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Cool mellow track with a certain unsettling tension on it... Guess we could call it "owpee cuddle music" smile

February 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Really like this one, great atmosphere with some really nice sounds going on. Awesome track!

February 23, 2016 6:01 am

ooo nice, these wobbly chords are so great. agreed w/ laguna about the unsettling tension too, such strong underlying feeling.

February 23, 2016 1:20 pm

the layering of the different chords generates these very vague and interesting harmonies... nicely done!

February 24, 2016 2:24 am

I love wobbly. So close to seasick.

February 25, 2016 5:34 am

whoooaaaa this is really musically interesting! Awesome. Thanks.

February 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Really nice synth textures

March 1, 2016 12:23 am

OMG, THE INTRO! heart

Good job, I enjoy the songs like this

Keep it up!

March 2, 2016 5:33 am

The OP-1 sounds awesome.  So warm!  The opening pad kinda reminded me of some of Moby's older ambient tracks.  That spooky arp that comes in during the middle adds a nice touch too.  Really cool track,  nice job!

March 23, 2016 6:23 am
mechlo wrote:

Thanks for transferring the atmosphere by proxy! This was fun and relaxing to listen to.

laguna wrote:

Cool mellow track with a certain unsettling tension on it... Guess we could call it "owpee cuddle music" smile

Martiln wrote:

Really like this one, great atmosphere with some really nice sounds going on. Awesome track!

Parallelis wrote:

ooo nice, these wobbly chords are so great. agreed w/ laguna about the unsettling tension too, such strong underlying feeling.

colorful grey wrote:

the layering of the different chords generates these very vague and interesting harmonies... nicely done!

Jim Wood wrote:

I love wobbly. So close to seasick.

exileFaker wrote:

whoooaaaa this is really musically interesting! Awesome. Thanks.

george bowles wrote:

Really nice synth textures

Naikymusic wrote:

OMG, THE INTRO! <3

Good job, I enjoy the songs like this

Keep it up!

Tone Matrix wrote:

The OP-1 sounds awesome.  So warm!  The opening pad kinda reminded me of some of Moby's older ambient tracks.  That spooky arp that comes in during the middle adds a nice touch too.  Really cool track,  nice job!

You all have no idea (or maybe you do) how heartwarming it is to hear that people take away the feelings and the themes and ideas that I poured into the piece.  It wasn't easy to keep things "loose" as I tend to obsess and overdo it (I know, right?) but this is the greatest thing that I'm learning from WB - Great things can happen if I get out of the way of myself.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up