Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / OP-1 Kenobi's music / this weeks submission

this weeks submission

By OP-1 Kenobi on January 17, 2016 4:47 pm

just glad that i did render it down and upload it tongue

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 18, 2016 1:54 am

Good chord. and arpeggio is cool to reinforce
very cool

January 18, 2016 2:13 am

nice one

January 18, 2016 2:26 am

oooo love how this opens up, that glissy lead paired w/ the bass is so so nice

January 18, 2016 2:44 am

nice use of jungle breaks on the OP1!!!

January 18, 2016 3:16 am

last 1/3 makes it. good stuff

January 18, 2016 6:23 am

also on the last third being reaaally nice!

January 18, 2016 7:15 am

I like the whole thing big_smile

Very smooth

January 18, 2016 7:58 am

Do like... that arp!  Is this on the OP1 fully?  Like the feathery beat... and dat digi-bell.  Could do with a bit of master compression on the end of da chain tho ;-)

January 18, 2016 1:09 pm

I really like how you switch from the laidback vibes to those frantic breaks and back. Jungle lounge? Lovely

January 19, 2016 1:25 am
zyuuziro wrote:

Good chord. and arpeggio is cool to reinforce
very cool

SammyJams wrote:

nice one

Parallelis wrote:

oooo love how this opens up, that glissy lead paired w/ the bass is so so nice

orangedrink wrote:

nice use of jungle breaks on the OP1!!!

iLKke wrote:

I like the whole thing big_smile

Very smooth

laguna wrote:

I really like how you switch from the laidback vibes to those frantic breaks and back. Jungle lounge? Lovely

thanks guys!

tsrono wrote:

last 1/3 makes it. good stuff

XC3N wrote:

also on the last third being reaaally nice!

This is really interesting to me as i had to rush that last 1/3 of the track in order to hand it in on time and i wasn't very happy with it but it's weeklybeats so i just rolled w/ it

cTrix wrote:

Do like... that arp!  Is this on the OP1 fully?  Like the feathery beat... and dat digi-bell.  Could do with a bit of master compression on the end of da chain tho ;-)

Yeah this is OP-1 only smile. OK, I also normalized it with CEP 2.1, but that's all! There's a bit of OP-1 master-limiter on the top as well, but i'm not sure how much it adds to the sound, the OP-1 fx are weird to say the least tongue

January 19, 2016 1:45 am
OP-1 Kenobi wrote:


Yeah this is OP-1 only smile. OK, I also normalized it with CEP 2.1, but that's all! There's a bit of OP-1 master-limiter on the top as well, but i'm not sure how much it adds to the sound, the OP-1 fx are weird to say the least tongue

oops I meant "also agree". also: YES, I'm not the only one who uses CEP 2.1 for some mastering tasks XD

January 19, 2016 2:46 am
XC3N wrote:
OP-1 Kenobi wrote:


Yeah this is OP-1 only smile. OK, I also normalized it with CEP 2.1, but that's all! There's a bit of OP-1 master-limiter on the top as well, but i'm not sure how much it adds to the sound, the OP-1 fx are weird to say the least tongue

oops I meant "also agree". also: YES, I'm not the only one who uses CEP 2.1 for some mastering tasks XD

Shoutouts to Peter Quistgard!

January 19, 2016 2:48 am
orangedrink wrote:
XC3N wrote:
OP-1 Kenobi wrote:


Yeah this is OP-1 only smile. OK, I also normalized it with CEP 2.1, but that's all! There's a bit of OP-1 master-limiter on the top as well, but i'm not sure how much it adds to the sound, the OP-1 fx are weird to say the least tongue

oops I meant "also agree". also: YES, I'm not the only one who uses CEP 2.1 for some mastering tasks XD

Shoutouts to Peter Quistgard!


hahahahah you know it x_X The worst part is that CEP is the *only* pirated software I use x_X I would love to actually own a license... saw a couple websites selling them but it sounds shady :s

January 19, 2016 3:46 am

i don't think it's really feasible to acquire a license for CEP, it's pretty much abandonware by this point.

Best u can do is to join the Peter Quistgard fanclub - https://www.facebook.com/groups/8093958639/

January 19, 2016 4:02 am

CEP was my first DAW.  I remember Normalizing tracks and feeling like a total pro!

January 20, 2016 9:37 pm

January 21, 2016 2:37 pm

love that op-1 sound, and you're playing the song of my people :3 good shit keep it up!

January 25, 2016 9:55 am

Excellent!

January 25, 2016 8:52 pm

I love the sound of the bass. What kind of synth did you use for the track?

February 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Great track

February 22, 2016 3:17 am

damn, really nice sounds in this one!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up