Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / OP-1 Kenobi's music / does it hardgroove?

does it hardgroove?

By OP-1 Kenobi on January 24, 2016 4:39 pm

i wanted to use the XFER drum utility to create some new patches for the OP-1 but it crashes when i hit the "export aif" button, no matter what vst host im using.

for the other OP-1 users out there, have any of u successfully used the drum utility on a PC? Mac users don't seem to have any problems with it.

Anyway this weeks submission is super rushed. i prepped around 100 samples for the op-1, many of which haven't been mapped yet because i cbf doing that by hand. if i can get the drum utility working this week, i will definitely write more techno big_smile

January 25, 2016 1:00 am

Yes... solid techno man!!  Proper 2000 style.... reminds me of some of the old shit I've got on Vinyl :-D  DEFS getting my olskool umek on.  I wanted this to be 3 x longer though on the same grooves.  But that's fine coz I listened to it three times on the cans.  Dat track at the 1/3 mark.... and the way the kick comes back in on the 2... YES.

January 25, 2016 1:26 am
January 25, 2016 1:55 am

Whoa... felt some Jeff Mills-esque spiral grooves on this one... Powerful !!

January 25, 2016 3:37 am

aw yiss!

January 25, 2016 6:12 am

thanks for the hot tips m8, i'll check these out when i get home smile

hey also could i be cheeky and get u to let us know when u get ur mbp fixed? i really need to get these samples turned into proper patches. i didn't think it was really possible to use the OP-1 for making upfront dance music but it really comes to life when u abuse the drum sampler big_smile

January 25, 2016 7:10 am
OP-1 Kenobi wrote:

Hey also could i be cheeky and get u to let us know when u get ur mbp fixed? i really need to get these samples turned into proper patches.

Just got it back 2day m8.  New motherboard under the MacBook recall program!!  HMU and let me know what I need to DL and do.  Cheers!

January 25, 2016 7:28 am
cTrix wrote:
OP-1 Kenobi wrote:

yesss i will HUU asap, thanks!!! big_smile

January 25, 2016 9:57 am

This reminds me of going to central station records back in the early 2000's. Good times smile

January 25, 2016 8:46 pm

Wow i really enjoyed listening to this. Perfect song for me to wake up to! I love the speed and soul put into this piece.

January 26, 2016 12:27 am

Best username in all of Weeklybeats forever.

January 26, 2016 8:11 am

Digging that conveyor stomp

January 27, 2016 4:19 pm

Awesome stuff.

January 28, 2016 3:47 am

To answer your question: YES.  It DOES hardgroove.

I use an OP-1 with a Mac, so I can't answer your question, but I would just make sure you have all the necessary files, maybe redownload?

+1 on your best username ever

January 29, 2016 2:24 pm

oh yay, that stuff rocks wink could be indeed longer, but it's solid.