A weird week: I didn't start thinking about the piece until midweek, and the beats I was coming up with...didn't seem all that interesting, until I started messing with the sound sources. Everything got processed in some way, and in some cases extremely.
Percussion: drum rack of dry trap kit samples, which I split into low, medium, and high frequency bands in an effects rack (with auto-filter), and applied different Corpus processing to each band (membrane, string, and tube). The middle band also got two LFOs to change the boundaries of the band as the track went on. I also used a drum rack of K3M samples, which also got Corpus processing (string). Mixed percussion (bitcrushing with Redux). Handclaps (Corpus, membrane), more handclaps (bit crushing).
There are two tracks of guitar from a Thursday night session that wasn't all that inspiring and I almost didn't use it, but with buffer shuffler 2.0, auto-filter (including LFO), and auto-pan for square-wave tremolo, it became dereferenced enough to be interesting. I copied these clips to a second channel and pitched/stretched them as well.
There's a slow-attack-adjusted version of Operator's Bass Housey preset for bass, and an Analog channel of very-filtered sawtooth synth going through the auto-pan tremolo.
Sends: a convolution reverb into filter delay and fed back on itself (like last week, though not as nice here), filter delay, and straight up convolution reverb. All MIDI channels got M4L Humanizer, and everything got auto-pan for left-right differentiation. Full-Chain master on the master bus, too.
The title is from the use of yttrium (atomic number 39) as a material enhancer.
This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved