Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / mysterioso's music / Isolation Tank Blues

Isolation Tank Blues

By mysterioso on November 12, 2016 6:20 pm

Having a morbid week? Me too. I processed the vocals a little to try and bring some seasickness and oppressive atmosphere to the fore

November 14, 2016 3:07 am

The effect on the guitar sounds wicked.  Vocals remind me a little of some of Roger Waters more depressing works.  Nice way to deal with a rough week.

November 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Perfect delay on that guitar, mate.  Perfect.

November 15, 2016 10:40 pm

November 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Mission accomplished; powerful stuff.

November 16, 2016 9:00 pm

December 7, 2016 12:06 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Cheers! In retrospect, the vocals needed a few more takes and I shoulda worked harder on the melody, but I guess that was the nature of the week it was written.

orangedrink wrote:

Perfect delay on that guitar, mate.  Perfect. Whoops, pressed submit too soon.  The delay is like the sound of the inside of the isolation tank.  Great job.  And I love that metal sound at the end.

Ta! There's a wee hint of either chorus or flanger on the almost-slapback stereo delay. The sound at the end is a train siren - I'd recorded a bunch of environmental sounds as a backdrop (it was pouring with rain) but ended up muting all those tracks apart from the train.

Jim Wood wrote:

Mission accomplished; powerful stuff.

Ipaghost wrote:

If those feet were my head...