Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

ALIAS

By minaret_kid on February 28, 2016 11:52 pm

CIRKLON/RYTM/RZ1/606/106/AN1X/FX

not happy with this one. cheesy. muddy sound. drowning in reverb.
maybe next week.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 29, 2016 12:46 am

Not cheesy to my ears. Maybe it's not your sharpest mix but I still get the energetic pulse of your stuff: sharper edge stuff with more sides to it yet suitable for the club.

The groove at the end achieves certain hypnotic state perfect of a midset track. Would be lovely to hear your stuff in a dj set context.

February 29, 2016 5:38 pm

March 2, 2016 12:20 pm

I think it's well done.
It has a beautiful monotony to match a Crossing of a big city

March 4, 2016 4:42 am

Sounds good to me chief. Which part specifically was muddy to you? Was it the voice sound?

March 4, 2016 5:26 pm

Say subliminal rather than cheesy.  Direct and effective.

March 7, 2016 5:27 pm

Not the yellow from the egg, but it goes.

March 9, 2016 2:06 am
Oso Feo wrote:

Sounds good to me chief. Which part specifically was muddy to you? Was it the voice sound?

What i was thinking. Not glossy but its still clean.

What do you use for sequencing those arps?

March 10, 2016 11:23 pm
Oso Feo wrote:

Sounds good to me chief. Which part specifically was muddy to you? Was it the voice sound?

Mr Mort wrote:
Oso Feo wrote:

Sounds good to me chief. Which part specifically was muddy to you? Was it the voice sound?

What i was thinking. Not glossy but its still clean.

What do you use for sequencing those arps?

not like the voice per se, i wanted it filtered. but you are right its in this freq. range, there is also the delay and a synth is also mumbling in that area. i always lopass the shit out of everything maybe it was to much this time. ; )

sequencing the arps: the front arp = jx3p internal sequenzer, triggered by 606. arp in back = juno 106 via sequentix cirklon. actually no "real" arpeggiators here, just programmed/split chords.

thanks for your time guys!

March 10, 2016 11:24 pm
laguna wrote:

Not cheesy to my ears. Maybe it's not your sharpest mix but I still get the energetic pulse of your stuff: sharper edge stuff with more sides to it yet suitable for the club.

The groove at the end achieves certain hypnotic state perfect of a midset track. Would be lovely to hear your stuff in a dj set context.



Ipaghost wrote:


you are lifting me up! danke dafür!

March 10, 2016 11:27 pm
m2K7 wrote:

I think it's well done.
It has a beautiful monotony to match a Crossing of a big city

thanks for that beautiful inner picture! crossing a big city...yeah.

March 10, 2016 11:31 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Say subliminal rather than cheesy.  Direct and effective.

thank you for putting it in some other perspective. great!

March 10, 2016 11:34 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

Not the yellow from the egg, but it goes.


big_smile lol heart

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up