Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / mechlo's music / Clap your Jams

Clap your Jams

By mechlo on January 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Taking a page out of a fellow Weekly Beater's book I've decided to try something I've never done before. I created a song using nothing but a few samples. So I pitched shifted, time stretched, and chopped a handful of samples into this song.

I pulled influence from artists like Fatboy Slim, Moby, and the Chemical Brothers.

Processed samples in Ableton and arranged them via my MPC1000. Samples are from the Converse Rubber Tracks and my own sampled collection.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 25, 2016 1:09 am

Glad to see some MPC action here. Do you use it to sequence MIDI stuff?

The low voice has a certain Bowie's "outside" era to it. Nice

January 25, 2016 1:16 am
laguna wrote:

Glad to see some MPC action here. Do you use it to sequence MIDI stuff?

The low voice has a certain Bowie's "outside" era to it. Nice

I do! My entire live set is samples from the MPC and 3 or 4 synth modules being sequenced by the MPC. I just recently bought an Octatrack so I am going to be selling my long loved MPC1000. I can't wait to get familiar with the Octatrack tho.

January 25, 2016 1:25 am
mechlo wrote:
laguna wrote:

Glad to see some MPC action here. Do you use it to sequence MIDI stuff?

The low voice has a certain Bowie's "outside" era to it. Nice

I do! My entire live set is samples from the MPC and 3 or 4 synth modules being sequenced by the MPC. I just recently bought an Octatrack so I am going to be selling my long loved MPC1000. I can't wait to get familiar with the Octatrack tho.

Maybe you could get the MPC 500, which goes really cheap, so you could keep those sequences. Wish you the best with the Elektron box, although some friends tell me that sometimes the change in philosophy is noticeable

January 25, 2016 1:28 am
laguna wrote:
mechlo wrote:
laguna wrote:

Glad to see some MPC action here. Do you use it to sequence MIDI stuff?

The low voice has a certain Bowie's "outside" era to it. Nice

I do! My entire live set is samples from the MPC and 3 or 4 synth modules being sequenced by the MPC. I just recently bought an Octatrack so I am going to be selling my long loved MPC1000. I can't wait to get familiar with the Octatrack tho.

Maybe you could get the MPC 500, which goes really cheap, so you could keep those sequences. Wish you the best with the Elektron box, although some friends tell me that sometimes the change in philosophy is noticeable

I've already noticed it. However, it's making a lot of sense to me and I think I can get a track done by next deadline.

I've also dumped all of the midi sequences to Ableton files so the tracks are safe and sound. I think this thing is ripe to be my new jam.

January 25, 2016 3:46 pm

Dig it! I like when those pads come in towards the end with bleeps.

January 25, 2016 6:27 pm

I love alternating workflows, it definitely helps me sharpen my production technique! Track sounds great, too! Great to see some people showing the MPC the love it deserves!

January 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Down-home electronica! Well done!

January 28, 2016 7:11 pm

YES.  When the main melody comes in, I was like, "awwww yeah!"

I love that low voice sample.  You are really sharp at pulling specific style influences, great job.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up