Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / mechlo's music / As the Synthwave Expands

As the Synthwave Expands

By mechlo on May 8, 2016 8:32 pm

So, tough week. Didn't have much (any) time to work on a tune this week. So, with about 2 hours before I go to work I flip on my Octa and play whatever I was last listening to. Turns out it was my NES song "As the Wavelength Expands" from week 9. However, I left all of my synths on and some of them were on the same midi channel as the various NES channels. They layered pretty nicely so I am releasing a more synthy version of that song. Enjoy!

Octatrack, MidiNES, DW8000, Bass Station 2, Elektron Sid Station samples for drums.

May 9, 2016 12:36 am

This came out really cool. Great bass synth. All the sounds are very classic fat synth sounds. I like how the song is driven forward on the synths with minimal drums.

May 9, 2016 4:01 pm

Very nice.  Reminds me of Harold Faltermeyer a bit.

May 10, 2016 7:42 am

This sounds like it belongs on a C64 or Amiga, but I suppose adding SID to it tends to do that.

May 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Excellent sounds, great hook, and a super-nice groove.  Well done.

May 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Very subtle variations throughout the song work nicely (at least I think there are), great track!

May 15, 2016 9:11 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Thanks! It feels great when I get an opportunity to actually use the the synths in my studio.

Edmund Snyder wrote:

Very nice.  Reminds me of Harold Faltermeyer a bit.

High praise! Thank you !

Devieus wrote:

Well, most all of the 8-bit stuff was NES. Sampling the SID really makes me want to dive into that.

onezero wrote:

Excellent sounds, great hook, and a super-nice groove.  Well done.

Thanks!

Sodabelly wrote:

I appreciate that. Sometimes I think I spend too much time on the small details because no one notices. Glad you did. smile

May 21, 2016 4:12 pm