Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Max Normal's music / Öperatör Funk

Öperatör Funk

By Max Normal on May 1, 2016 11:41 am

Having some more fun discovering FM while trying to get to grips with Ableton. FM bass from Operator. Stock Ableton break chopped and reshuffled via legato mode and manual edits. Pads from some Native Instruments VST. Convolusion reverbs from MFL. Not enough time to flesh it out.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
May 2, 2016 7:55 am

Great intro, ace FM sounds, nice beat programming and sweet ending - doesn't sound like you needed more time to me.  Sounds good!!!

May 2, 2016 8:21 am
GrainBastard wrote:

Great intro, ace FM sounds, nice beat programming and sweet ending - doesn't sound like you needed more time to me.  Sounds good!!!

Cheers! Wanted to evolve it and have some more elements, but yeah!

May 4, 2016 10:06 pm

weheee, some real Aphex Twin stuff going on here. Nice work... I absolutely love the wild-ish beats with that easy going pad. Keep up...

May 6, 2016 6:15 pm

Ohh man, this blow my Brain big_smile
Excellent Work!

May 10, 2016 5:25 pm

You took me back to my Squarepusher college days. Excellent track indeed! This really feels like avant garde funk.

Amazing!

May 11, 2016 8:04 am
chiefthomson wrote:

weheee, some real Aphex Twin stuff going on here. Nice work... I absolutely love the wild-ish beats with that easy going pad. Keep up...

m2K7 wrote:

Ohh man, this blow my Brain big_smile
Excellent Work!

laguna wrote:

You took me back to my Squarepusher college days. Excellent track indeed! This really feels like avant garde funk.

Amazing!

Thanks guys, had fun with this one. Will make more in the vein eventually.

Also: Some of my main influences have been spotted, hehe.

May 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Badass Aphexery right up in here. Totally fav'd and downloaded.  I love the rapidity of the chops, the heavy variation, and the overall assaultiveness.  Well done!

May 15, 2016 5:25 pm
onezero wrote:

Badass Aphexery right up in here. Totally fav'd and downloaded.  I love the rapidity of the chops, the heavy variation, and the overall assaultiveness.  Well done!

Thanks, wow. I particularly appreciate your comment on the assaultiveness, haha!  big_smile

May 16, 2016 4:35 am

This is ace. That bass came out of Operator on Ableton? Sounds freaking huge! As much time as I've spent tweaking around Operator I don't think I've made a bass that instantly grabs the listener. And solid breakwork...Nice funk workout all around!

May 20, 2016 8:43 am
m2K7 wrote:

Ohh man, this blow my Brain big_smile
Excellent Work!


seconded!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up