Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Shaman

By Martiln on March 19, 2016 2:49 am

Went for a similar style as last week but a little more future bass-y. I'm Happy with the composition this week but for some reason struggled a fair bit with the mastering, but I just had to get it done so sorry if it sounds a little over-compressed, etc.
Hope you enjoy it though!

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
March 21, 2016 12:48 am

Pretty powerful! You gotta get some vocals on this. Would take it to the next level! The piano lead and basslines are pretty strong, but it needs something to tie it all together. Just my opinion though. Mixing and mastering sounds great on my end! Great work as always, buddy!

March 21, 2016 12:53 am
Alphaglitch wrote:

Pretty powerful! You gotta get some vocals on this. Would take it to the next level! The piano lead and basslines are pretty strong, but it needs something to tie it all together. Just my opinion though. Mixing and mastering sounds great on my end! Great work as always, buddy!

I totally agree, I'd love to have vocals, I'm just horrible at writing lyrics and generally don't have enough time to get someone else in to do it for me. tongue
Thanks as always for listening! smile

March 21, 2016 4:55 am

love the drop. synth reminds me of disgaea 2's item world music. maybe more legato would sound cool. great as is tho

March 21, 2016 5:29 am
Brackleforth wrote:

love the drop. synth reminds me of disgaea 2's item world music. maybe more legato would sound cool. great as is tho

Thanks! Yeah maybe some legato stuff could be cool, never really popped into me head, I'll take it into account for the future. Glad you liked it! smile

March 21, 2016 6:35 pm

March 21, 2016 9:51 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

Your gifs are always so fantastic and fitting, I don't know how you do it.
Thanks as always for listening! smile

March 24, 2016 5:01 am

really nice powerful mix and pretty catchy to boot

March 24, 2016 6:44 am
george bowles wrote:

really nice powerful mix and pretty catchy to boot

Thanks! Glad you like it! smile

March 25, 2016 3:35 am

You're seriously 18 years old?

brb, quitting music.

This is incredible stuff!  My stuff at age 18 was not as polished as this.  Heck, my stuff now isn't as polished as this!

March 25, 2016 5:50 am
orangedrink wrote:

You're seriously 18 years old?

brb, quitting music.

This is incredible stuff!  My stuff at age 18 was not as polished as this.  Heck, my stuff now isn't as polished as this!

No! Don't quit music orangedrink, your stuff is awesome! big_smile

Thanks for the kind words though, I very much appreciate it! smile

June 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Love those stabby chords.  And bitcrush vox drop is super dope

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up