Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Birdsong

By Martiln on April 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Had a bit of a hectic week this week. Exams, uni assignments due left, right and centre, some more work coming in and my birthday smack band in the middle of the week. Safe to say this week's submission is fairly basic. I found a cool field recording of some birds and such under public domain and threw that in underneath a fairly repetitive chord structure. Ultimately I would have liked some more variation and some more progression in the piece, but I think it turned out well considering the circumstances.
Hope you guys enjoy! smile

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
April 25, 2016 12:39 am

Well, it's maybe simple but it sounds nice and efective to my ears. Beautiful slow jam, and excellent production values as usual. Another one I download, for sure. I really loved those trap/furure bass hihat patterns.

Hope you're doing well on your exams and happy birthday, mate. Hope you enjoy yourself playig with the band, like that

April 25, 2016 12:58 am

April 25, 2016 3:01 am
laguna wrote:

Well, it's maybe simple but it sounds nice and efective to my ears. Beautiful slow jam, and excellent production values as usual. Another one I download, for sure. I really loved those trap/furure bass hihat patterns.

Hope you're doing well on your exams and happy birthday, mate. Hope you enjoy yourself playig with the band, like that

Thanks Laguna! Glad you enjoyed it!
Sad-face for Prince... :'(

Ipaghost wrote:

Heh, great gif. big_smile

April 25, 2016 4:18 am

Really like it man, you make that progression stay fresh thru the whole track bravo

April 25, 2016 6:14 am
donnyjankowski wrote:

Really like it man, you make that progression stay fresh thru the whole track bravo

Thanks Donny! Glad you like it! smile

April 25, 2016 2:46 pm

lovely! simple is fine, it doesn't need more!

April 25, 2016 8:29 pm

I think it is really important for all of us to have weeks where we do "simple" pieces.  I think these end up being surprises, namely how much others enjoy stuff that isn't "100%" in our minds!  And I think it also shows us a different side of you as a musician.  When you make a piece with a few ideas, what are the main things that you focus on?  And then when you have unlimited time, what are those extra bonuses that you do in the 11th hour?

Thanks for continuing your excellent work!  I am definitely inspired by your work and production.

This is a lovely, chill piece to boot! smile heart

April 26, 2016 4:12 am
7506 wrote:

lovely! simple is fine, it doesn't need more!

Thanks, glad you like it! smile

orangedrink wrote:

I think it is really important for all of us to have weeks where we do "simple" pieces.  I think these end up being surprises, namely how much others enjoy stuff that isn't "100%" in our minds!  And I think it also shows us a different side of you as a musician.  When you make a piece with a few ideas, what are the main things that you focus on?  And then when you have unlimited time, what are those extra bonuses that you do in the 11th hour?

Thanks for continuing your excellent work!  I am definitely inspired by your work and production.

This is a lovely, chill piece to boot! smile <3

Thanks orangedrink! If anything so far WB has really taught me to be able to let go of tracks and suppress my inner perfectionist, and you're right, they more often than not do end up being quite surprising.

Glad you enjoyed it! smile

April 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Nothing to be modest about here: everything fits and works beautifully!

April 27, 2016 1:49 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Nothing to be modest about here: everything fits and works beautifully!

Thanks for the kind words!
Glad you like it! big_smile

April 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Excellent

April 29, 2016 10:42 pm
m2K7 wrote:

Excellent

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up